Police Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonathan T

Reaction score
After buying my Raptor been roughly 2 weeks now. I had a local cop bust a U turn on an intersection just to follow me for maybe 1 mile to bust another U turn to go back. Leaving work to go home merged onto the highway another local city cop (white suv) far left lane going fast, slowed down to pull 2 lanes over to get on my rear for the next 5 lights to go back to the far left lane to turn left. After he got off my rear and went back to the far left lane, I rolled down my window and did a whats up with my head and smiled at him. But, is this a normal thing? Its not like Im driving a exotic vehicle.

Last edited:

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get used to it. I’ve gotten tickets written way down, (low-mid 70’s when I was driving high 80’s). One hot female stater plum let me off the hook when she had me busted at 86 mph in Bellevue, WA. Cops like Raptors.

The worst thing is all the wanna-be’s. Every fool in a clapped out Toyota or dodge is going to be looking to race. Prius people will sneer at you too. One idiot in a Prius yelled that I was wrecking the planet with my gas guzzler. I told him that I was “enhancing my carbon footprint” lol!

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get thumbs up from drivers of serious off-roaders like jacked up jeeps and Defender 90s - never got those before driving 6 other pickups....

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I get the opposite here in California. Now put me in a nice car and I’ll have 20 points again. Haha I can’t drive 55!....

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Datsun Z car

They all would turn around and follow. One even stopped me for wandering over a double solid line and when I could not stop laughing he gave up on the ticket.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
My Raptor seems to get me in to secure areas far easier. When visiting our son at a USAF base I was asked for my ID. The guard barely looked at my ID but spent a couple of minutes asking about my Raptor until someone came up behind me.

While not a "secure area" I was allowed to take a road that was closed to traffic heading in to Yosemite. The Ranger blocking the road spoke with me for 15 seconds on where I was going then we talked for a minute or so about the Raptor before he allowed me to go... Turns out the road was OK and was going to be opened soon but they were turning people around for bit longer. The Ranger is just being cool with me I guess :)

--

Last edited:

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get nothing from cops.....but everyone in 4x4 pick up in the last 10 years with any kind of mod acts like they have something to prove when i pull up next to them.
LOL...I've been getting that since the day I drove mine home...old Dodge with a Welder in back,3-4 good old boys heading home from work hanging out the window drooling and wanting to race...I get it at least once a week....I just turn and SMILE....as my mechanic tells me,you dont have to prove anything.But damn,sure is fun when I DO want to prove something...!