POLICE got me again......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand All factory two front windows and windshield does have a light tint to them ( also the back windows too, if it's a regular 4 door car with no factory dark tints ). They are all tinted to 70%. meaning the windows has to allow 70% of light passes through them. You could tell if your windows have any factory tints to them by putting a white background on the windows and you should see a light tint on the glass ( usually it be a light blue tint ). So in Cali any window tints you install on your glass it'll be illegal because it's be under 70%.

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait. Texas still has inspections!? Shoot. Where am I supposed to go when all the dummies have filled up this state?

Tennessee. Some of the lowest taxes of any state, no state income tax, you can own all the guns and whatever else you want, cops are actually reasonable, climate is excellent, it's within a day's drive of a majority of the US population (and lots of beaches), and the annual emissions inspection on your car takes 5 minutes tops and costs $6, great hunting and outdoor recreation, etc...

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tennessee. Some of the lowest taxes of any state, no state income tax, you can own all the guns and whatever else you want, cops are actually reasonable, climate is excellent, it's within a day's drive of a majority of the US population (and lots of beaches), and the annual emissions inspection on your car takes 5 minutes tops and costs $6, great hunting and outdoor recreation, etc...

Tennessee is one of my favorite alternates. Inspections really just annoy me for the time it takes to deal with. Thankfully they phased it out here right before I started to drive. I went a few times with my family and it was always just such a pain.

Florida has no inspections.

Exactly. But we’re always getting more and more dumb people who want to move here for the weather and then bring their stupid politics with them. Or even worse, we also get the dummies that escape their states because it’s too expensive and then vote for the dumb shit that made their states expensive to begin with! I always encourage people to stay out but please visit. I used to think the Florida Man stories hurt our reputation, but I think they might be helping us keep dummies away.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It all depends upon how much they don’t like you.

This would be a state bureaurocrat. They're not only allergic to work, but their union contract ensures that they don't have to do much of it. Ain't gonna happen.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jumping in late here - but reading just the initial ask, which was for someone to provide him a photo so he could show the Police or Courts a picture that he removed the tint, why not just grab a picture off the internet?

I mean if that's all they wanted, which is an extremely low bar, I would have simply googled "leadfoot raptor", but anyway, maybe I missed some other important detail.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you go on a public forum and openly ask its members to be your accomplice in committing fraud?

Yes tint is illegal in CA on the front DR and PASS windows, Funny thing is every cop I know in CA and their wife has illegal tint. Drive by any CA PD dept and look at the private cars. All tinted.