Pokyoky's new raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Pokyoky

Reaction score
azq

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, i am really enjoying this forum.

For the guys that asked about my comparison with the platinum. My 2011 platinum was a 4wd tuxedo black screw with chocolate brown/black leather and ecoboost.

Interior- main reason i chose the platinum, loved the look of the interior. It was perfect for what i do for a living(sales, take people to lunch, golfing, hunting, shooting, whatever). It was far easier to climb into with the great amp running boards. Here is a mod request, modify me some raptor running boards to be rock sliders and extend down and out about 6 to 10 inches when the door is opened and i am all over it! I miss the automatic windshield wipers(I have to turn them on and off now, weird after not hardly touching that control for 3 years). Its different not having the ambient lighting stuff, just seems so dark(not a big deal, i know).

Exterior- I am not a big fan of the exterior of the platinum, just too many chrome bits thrown around here and there.

Motor- The ecoboost felt quicker in normal driving around town. I assume this is because it makes all its torque at a much lower rpm. I understand they are pretty similar in the 1/4. Raptor may be as quick now that I have got accustomed to mashing on the pedal harder. It also averaged 17.5 mpg combination city/hwy so a win there, but i didn't buy a raptor for gas mileage.

So all in all i miss a couple little things from the platinum, all of them interior refinements and ease of entry.

Raptor- What can i say, i love this thing. I cant afford to drive the baddest car on the planet but i can drive the baddest ass truck on the planet. Everyday!

Does anyone else have this feeling when they are driving around that every other truck they see is inferior?

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much, but we still gotta love our little brothers and sisters in their normal F-150s, and you can get the ambient lighting for a raptor through your dealership if you want, just ask for it

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Trucks looking awesome! I Cant wait to hear your reviews on the Stage 3.

-Jeff