Plug N Play remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KTag98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2010 6.2 Raptor, which obviously doesn’t have remote start or the updated key.

my question is that since the 6.2 raptors have all the 2011 electrics underneath, including being a BCM rather than a GEM

Shouldn’t the plug n play remote start kit from ford for 2011-2014 F150’s work? I know that you can use the newer fob-head keys on these trucks, and you can also swap to the 2011 cluster so this shouldn’t be an issue...

any light someone could shed on this would be helpful

spost

Reaction score
I have the fob key remote start on my 2011. The wife added it as a Christmas present several years ago. She took it to the dealership and had it installed.

OP
OP
KTag98

KTag98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the fob key remote start on my 2011. The wife added it as a Christmas present several years ago. She took it to the dealership and had it installed.

My question is will it work on a 2010 if it’s a 6.2. I know it won’t work on a 5.4 2010 Raptor because those trucks are GEM not BCM like 2011, but the 2010 6.2’s are BCM however I don’t know if they would still be able to program it all up

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2010 1/2 and I have remote start.
I had the factory alarm upgraded to the Ford Gold Alarm with remote start installed at the dealer at time of purchase.
I have a 6 button key fob which I use to operate my Pace Edwards Electric bedcover.

Your going to need to find a good Alarm place that knows their stuff or go to a dealer and pay a little more.

OP
OP
KTag98

KTag98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 1/2 and I have remote start.
I had the factory alarm upgraded to the Ford Gold Alarm with remote start installed at the dealer at time of purchase.
I have a 6 button key fob which I use to operate my Pace Edwards Electric bedcover.

Your going to need to find a good Alarm place that knows their stuff or go to a dealer and pay a little more.
This isn’t the same kit though. The kit I’m interested in gives you the remote head key like the 2011+ trucks with the remote start button

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This isn’t the same kit though. The kit I’m interested in gives you the remote head key like the 2011+ trucks with the remote start button

The OEM was a four button system with remote start, I just upgraded.

AudioVox makes the Ford factory alarm and the Ford gold alarm upgrade.

Do yourself a favor and go to the dealer, every dealer has to use a Ford authorized alarm installer because of warranty.
Ask to have a consultation with the installer.

I'm assuming you're wanting this key fob:
2011-ford-f-350-super-duty-lariat-key-photo-351250-s-1280x782.jpg

You can do all kinds of options and Key Fobs.

We have a Long time Audio/Alarm member here on the forum.
Let's see if he'll chime in, @The Car Stereo Company

By the way, I have a life time warranty on the alarm.
This is what I have from Ford.
Box 2.JPG

DSC00001.JPG

Key3.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
KTag98

KTag98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OEM was a four button system with remote start, I just upgraded.

AudioVox makes the Ford factory alarm and the Ford gold alarm upgrade.

Do yourself a favor and go to the dealer, every dealer has to use a Ford authorized alarm installer because of warranty.
Ask to have a consultation with the installer.

I'm assuming you're wanting this key fob:
View attachment 129869

You can do all kinds of options and Key Fobs.

We have a Long time Audio/Alarm member here on the forum.
Let's see if he'll chime in, @The Car Stereo Company

By the way, I have a life time warranty on the alarm.
This is what I have from Ford.
View attachment 129859

View attachment 129861

View attachment 129860

Well, bad news... Local Ford dealer says that kit won’t work, and they won’t give it a shot even at my expense... what steps should I take at this point?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, nice.

Are they saying the alarm that I posted won't work in a Raptor or the key fob you want won't work with the alarm I posted.
Because I can take pictures of it under the dash.

I sent you a PM