Plug and play amp upgrade??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this amp is not available for another 2 months or so

Clinsta

Reaction score
I did some google searching on Mobridge products and found a couple of build threads in BMW and Audi forums. I didn’t see anything negative about their devices. I’ll be interested to hear how the first Ford B&O/Mobridge build goes. I’m ready to start my audio upgrade and have about 3 different avenues that range from $1,500 all the way up to $5k as long as it’s a diy project. I would have to go to a bigger market to get a quality installation done and that will make the $$$ go up quite a bit.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my concern is the units size.....it claims to do an awful lot in such a small form factor.

to get this kind of power in real life

• 6x 175W Channels @ 4ohms
  • 2x 300W Channels @ 4ohms
  • 1x 500W Subwoofer Channel @ 4ohms (or 1000W @ 2 Ohms)
  • 1x 4V RMS preout
It takes a lot of real estate to lay out the required coils and power supply components.

I would like to see actual current draw before I would bite.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my concern is the units size.....it claims to do an awful lot in such a small form factor.

to get this kind of power in real life

• 6x 175W Channels @ 4ohms
  • 2x 300W Channels @ 4ohms
  • 1x 500W Subwoofer Channel @ 4ohms (or 1000W @ 2 Ohms)
  • 1x 4V RMS preout
It takes a lot of real estate to lay out the required coils and power supply components.

I would like to see actual current draw before I would bite.
thats probably max per channel, probably significantly lower with all channels driven.
mobridge does seem decently in the euro cars world.

Evpilot

Reaction score
I’ve worked electronics before. What I learned is that the magic smoke has to stay inside. If the magic smoke gets out it doesn’t work.