GEN 2 PLEASE HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorrjk

Reaction score
Guys I have a 2017 Raptor I bought used 42k miles about 5 months ago. Already modded with with ADD AFE intercooler, Stage 2 AFE air intake, turbosmart BOV, stainless works dump style exhaust. Those are the only mods I know of. Last week my truck went into limp mode wrench came on turbos stopped working and check engine light came on. Truck began loosing power would have to turn back on. Idling hard and I wasn’t able to change the drive mode. Had a friend with flash the codes then drove perfectly fine but they came back shortly after that day.
Took truck to local shop and they said there is oil under the intake (engine) and they said to take it to Ford dealership because they weren’t sure what it could be. These are the codes. Here is a ****** pic of the engine if it helps.

Attachments

• 77C2018B-274A-4CAD-A197-B336B495549B.jpeg
    77C2018B-274A-4CAD-A197-B336B495549B.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 84
  • D2D47095-78F6-4CF9-BC24-7BBD2E8E00A3.jpeg
    D2D47095-78F6-4CF9-BC24-7BBD2E8E00A3.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 84

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious.. so you bought it with 42k, how lmany miles did u drive it before you moded it, then HOW LONG(miles) did it drive with NEW MODES and no issues prior to all these darn codes??...

Obviously something failed then multiple code popped up!.. Also- was the truck tuned? even though i doubt that had anything to do , but if it is- i would flash it back to stock

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could be wrong (though I tell my family I am never wrong), but I recall reading or viewing a video of a run across the baja that these dudes do every year (not a race) and they said the most trouble prone vehicles are those with mods.

They only way I add horsepower, and I mean big power, is with cf bits.

OP
OP
raptorrjk

raptorrjk

Reaction score
Thank you for all the feedback thus far. I did purchase the vehicle with all of the mods already installed. It currently has 48k miles so about 6k miles since I’ve bought it. I don’t have a tune on it unless it was tuned previously and not returned to stock and it’s been at a Ford dealer since Friday morning. Ford dealer told me they would let me know if it’s tuned. Still waiting for them to look it over and call hopefully I hear something by Monday. No catch can is installed. But I am considering adding one after this mess is over. Also I will be ordering a Cobb tuner with tcm through brew city boost and get a few custom tunes through them.