GEN 2 Please help!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doctor Mike

Reaction score
Hi all, am in desperate need of some advice/info.

I have a 2018 new raptor with 4000 cush miles on it. engine light goes on for no apparent reason. I check usual suspects and none found... I fill up with gas and by morning light is gone but I bring to dealer for check up anyway since I have been having some hesitation on acceleration issues and car seems to have difficulty at times finding right gear. Today I get text message from dealer saying valve covers need to be replaced. Why in hell would that be necessary with a new truck? and could that be only problem? I have a feeling something else is going on here but am not knowledgeable enough about these engines or any for that matter to judge. Any input would be greatly appreciated ASAP
Thanks,
Dr. Mike

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope your not filling up with the truck running or even having the ignition on.
Filling up with the truck on, messes with emission evaporation sensors.

Also try a different gas station and always use Hi-Test,
I know they say you can run 87 but if you have been running cheap gas try the good stuff.