PLEASE HELP TAILGATE PROBLEMS!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V_K

Reaction score
Hi, I was trying to open my power tailgate on my 2017 raptor 802A and it did not open. All I hear constantly whenever I would push the release button on the tailgate or remote I would hear a clicking sound. My truck roughly has 16,000 miles. What do I do??? Your advice and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a tsb or recall notice or something regarding tailgate. Take it to dealer and tell them it would open on its own for a while and now it doesn't release at all. Do a search and you can find info

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a tsb or recall notice or something regarding tailgate. Take it to dealer and tell them it would open on its own for a while and now it doesn't release at all. Do a search and you can find info
Why would he tell them it opens on its own? His issue is the opposite; it isn’t opening. It won’t get diagnosed properly if you provide inaccurate info.

OP
OP
V

V_K

Reaction score
hi guys thanks for the input. I’ve noticed what’s happening is that whenever I soft close my tailgate it would open like a charm. However when I slam my tailgate closed, it would not open. Maybe a latch problem? I am going to take it to the dealer soon. (Btw I have extended warranty)

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had one of those rubber stops misaligned and jammed my tailgate. I was able to just yank it open. Look for the (2) rubber stops and make sure they are seated properly.