Please help identify previous owner mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snuggles

Reaction score
I literally just created a thread with this same question. I DID search, but the "similar threads" AI thing at the bottom is apparently pretty smart.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...lp-top-of-shock-installed.94693/#post-1845021

By lookin at the pics of the side of the shock I'm guessing the previous owner put a spacer in mine. I just got the new shocks so will be swapping them out soon... if weather cooperates.

Primez

Reaction score
I am in the same boat, just pick up a 2013 and trying to figure out if there are spacers.
For the sake of saving someone serious headache and catastrophic damage, do not remove those rings. There are two on each shock, both angled. The OEM F150 bucket was not originally designed for the longer length shock and angle of the Raptor LCA. To compensate, these angle brackets sandwich the bucket to give a “flat and level” surface for the top hats to press against inside the bucket and offsetting angle on top of the bucket for flat/level nut surfaces. Without these, you’ll end up bending and shearing off the mounting bolts on your top hats.

There definitely seems to be a spacer between your shock and the tower, however. Just make sure you don’t toss the rings!

Attachments

• A10E927B-81F7-4958-8FAF-F4F783BA450D.jpeg
    A10E927B-81F7-4958-8FAF-F4F783BA450D.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 14