Please help identify previous owner mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorStangJF

Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive had my 2013 for about 4.5 years and its been my daily driver with no issues (about 5k miles a year due to being gone alot). I havent modified anything during my time of ownership but Im finally getting some free time to learn more about the truck and wanted to ask the masses about what the previous may have done.

I assumed that the previous owner had done the mid perch adjustment based on how the truck sits level, but it doesnt look like the lower perch ring is visible on the shock tube, meaning it is still on the bottom perch right? Also I don't know what a leveling kit looks like but I took a picture of the upper shock mount so someone can tell me if thats what is going on here.

In summary, is my truck on mid perch or did someone put a leveling puck/ device on the front suspension?? Thanks in advance for the guidance. Also I have 17" methods with kenda 35x12.5 17s coming in this week so I can finally get rid of the 20s.

Pictures are attached for reference.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15cb.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15cc.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15cd.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15ca.jpg

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Is fluid film something I should look into? Plenty of undercarriage rust from east coast living.

Thats a definite yes. Waxoyl, wool wax, steel it, fluid film are all gtg. I prefer waxoyl cause its less messy and has more of that factory fresh look. I also used a spray can bed liner on the rear wheel well.

Its pretty easy to do yourself but it can be a time consuming job depending on how in depth you go. I spent nearly 6-7 hrs (at work)on mine but i also took the flares, wheel liners and skid plates off. Lol.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is fluid film something I should look into? Plenty of undercarriage rust from east coast living.
Yes absolutely! You have to apply every fall/ winter as it’s just a liquidy waxy film but TOTALLY worth it and gives a barrier between the truck and salt and those nasty chemicals. Tons of threads about it.

James007

Reaction score
I am in the same boat, just pick up a 2013 and trying to figure out if there are spacers.

Attachments

• 0A9BFFB6-002C-4B88-B29B-FFB362B4E6CB.jpeg
    0A9BFFB6-002C-4B88-B29B-FFB362B4E6CB.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 27
  • BE93F695-CC11-4549-B0E8-43E85A50B150.jpeg
    BE93F695-CC11-4549-B0E8-43E85A50B150.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 27