PLEASE HELP!! 17’ GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

V_K

Reaction score
The vista roof is covered with that plan but again, without knowing, I have no idea what your deductible will be. Could be zero. Could be 200. I didn’t buy it and I wasn’t there when you did. Call your dealer or look at your paperwork.

View attachment 149684

Going to take it to the Ford dealer soon.... Let’s see what the dealership has to say.....

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Happened to my 17 Screw. I didn't use the sunroof all winter and spring. When time comes to use it, it did the same as yours, then it would get stuck open halfway. Took it to the dealer and lucky for me it was under the factory warranty for another month. The service writer told my it would have cost me around $2k to fix it. They need to remove the whole headliner and replace the whole track system. When I got it back I started to use the lube around the sunroof seals so the rubber won't get glue to the other glass from the heat and dirts that falls onto it. It'll happen to all the other vehicle with the all glass roof sooner or later. you just have to keep that sunroof seal ( rubber ) lubricated.

Raptor28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just got my 2020 screw in March and I’d love to prevent this issue. On that note what lube should I buy and what pieces get the lube

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Use what Ford and other manufacture recommended for all glass sunroof. Krytox Performance PFPE/PTFE greases (Performance Lubricants). It's made by Dupont. it's not cheap, but it's works great. you could find it on amazon.

OP
OP
V

V_K

Reaction score
UPDATE: dealer replaced pano sunroof tracks back in March and everything was ok until about now… there is a little bit of water leaking through the passenger side grab handle.. anyone have any experience with this?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE: dealer replaced pano sunroof tracks back in March and everything was ok until about now… there is a little bit of water leaking through the passenger side grab handle.. anyone have any experience with this?
clogged drain tube or a cracked sunroof frame. most likely the drain tube is clogged.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most likely the drain rails, trough, or drain tube clogged with environmental debris. Open the sunroof and check the channels that the water flows through. Then pour water down each drain tube one at a time to verify that they’re functioning. To check the rear drain tubes, park the truck on an incline with the front end higher than the rear. The drain tubes can be cleaned with short blasts of compressed air using a rubber tipped blow gun or with plastic weed trimmer string.