Play in Steering Wheel Gen1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotoMel

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Does anyone know how I would go about fixing the slight (Left / Right) Play in the steering Wheel?
I has about 1/4" to 1/2" play.
It's not horrible but it is annoying!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with these big tires you will have a bit of play. if you really want to, you can tighten the steering rack. but you should probably check all the suspension components for wear

OP
OP
MotoMel

MotoMel

Reaction score
with these big tires you will have a bit of play. if you really want to, you can tighten the steering rack. but you should probably check all the suspension components for wear

Being it's 2012 and closing in on 92K, I'm pretty sure all of the stock rubber bushings are toasted. It doesn't look like the previous owner did to much maintenance on it.
Thank you for the help. I'll start by ordering and replacing the Bushings.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check your tie rods for play, does it move like that when it is just parked, if so, it's nothing but the tie rods or the rack. No sense spending money on bushings if you don't need them.

Kubasj05

Reaction score
I had the same issue with 1/2" play, the rack adjustment did nothing, it only made steering tied so I went for reman rack from Rock Auto by Cardone at $150+$90 core was no brainer, just got it installed yesterday. Payed 3 hours of labor at $90/h out the door. Total was under $450. Its much better now, don't know how long this will last but as of now totally worth it