GEN 2 Plastic Oil pan #3 leaking. 70k miles. New pan every other oil change. Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drgonzo3000

Reaction score
Well it has not even been a year and I noticed my pan is leaking again. More or less it is seeping at the bolt holes which is pretty much the saem as it was doing before. Enough that I have a wet spots on the side of the pan but not enough for it to actually drip. I'm still within my warranty window it's going back to the dealership once again. Since they will have it for some time I'm stacking them a list of things to fix. Front timing cover leaking, idler pulley is noisy, Drivers side axle into the wheel hub is loose causing it to chatter the IWE (Meaning new axle, wheel bearing and IWE). Not exactly sure why the axle bearing in the hub went to **** as it's not loading bearing, but I can move the axle cup around pretty good. So maybe another pan fix with be the winning ticket, if not then I get about another year out of it (and free oil change) before I tear the 2 piece out and drop in the single metal pan.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it has not even been a year and I noticed my pan is leaking again. More or less it is seeping at the bolt holes which is pretty much the saem as it was doing before. Enough that I have a wet spots on the side of the pan but not enough for it to actually drip. I'm still within my warranty window it's going back to the dealership once again. Since they will have it for some time I'm stacking them a list of things to fix. Front timing cover leaking, idler pulley is noisy, Drivers side axle into the wheel hub is loose causing it to chatter the IWE (Meaning new axle, wheel bearing and IWE). Not exactly sure why the axle bearing in the hub went to **** as it's not loading bearing, but I can move the axle cup around pretty good. So maybe another pan fix with be the winning ticket, if not then I get about another year out of it (and free oil change) before I tear the 2 piece out and drop in the single metal pan.
That's quite the laundry list. Hope it goes well. Maybe nicely remind them that there is a proper way to clean the surface before sealing the pan.