GEN 2 Plastic Oil pan #3 leaking. 70k miles. New pan every other oil change. Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne

@RMB_Ryan

Ok, so I just did a 70,000 mile oil change

Oil pan #3 is leaking. I have had this ******** plastic oil pan need to be replaced EVERY YEAR IVE OWNED IT.

I called the dealer I bought it at, they want to charger me full price.

I called for customer service, they say there is a TSB so I can get the pan replaced under that with yet another plastic pan.

So what do I do, go for plastic oil pan #4?

Or should I buy the metal pan and replace it myself? I think you need the pan as well as the pickup?

Are there aftermarket oil pans?

How is the procedure? I am very mechanically competent, but I dont currently have a cherry picker. Do you have to lift the motor some?

Does any one have the part #s for the metal pan?

Any help appreciated, because I am friggen pissed.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish someone would make a metal pan for us plastic pan guys that uses the same shit the plastic pan uses, but just with a metal pan. FWIW I also have a plastic pan and so far no leaks. Apparently if the tech knows WTF he is doing and seals it properly and lets it cure for the appropriate amount of time, there should be no leaks. I guess what I'm getting at is there is a very specific way to seal the pan and if that procedure is not followed to a tee, it will leak. Basically it isn't the pan so much as the procedure to seal it properly which is why they probably moved to a metal pan.