Placement of spare tire for 37's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you thought about letting the air out and using a couple straps to compact it a little bit? you can easily strap it down to be the same size as an oem tire then stick it up under the truck. i have a 35" in my bed thats a little too big when my cooler goes in. so i let the air out and strapped it down and got an inch more room so my cooler fits and i can close my tailgate. one downfall is you will need a way to air it up. but most of us who go offroad have an air setup of some kind

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take the money you would spend on 37's and buy a beater 90's f150 to use for work.

Raptor freedom.

Already have the 37's on there, came that way. I don't have room for a truck to sit around that rarely, if ever, gets used. The Raptor will already be parked and covered most of the time.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already have the 37's on there, came that way. I don't have room for a truck to sit around that rarely, if ever, gets used. The Raptor will already be parked and covered most of the time.
Throw the dam tire in the bed and call it good.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
have you thought about letting the air out and using a couple straps to compact it a little bit? you can easily strap it down to be the same size as an oem tire then stick it up under the truck. i have a 35" in my bed thats a little too big when my cooler goes in. so i let the air out and strapped it down and got an inch more room so my cooler fits and i can close my tailgate. one downfall is you will need a way to air it up. but most of us who go offroad have an air setup of some kind

I considered that as well, but the other issue I have is that the room the spare takes up underneath I could mount other accessories under there like an extra battery, compressor, etc. It also makes it much easier to work on stuff under the back side of the truck without the spare in the way.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Throw the dam tire in the bed and call it good.

Yea, that's what I'm gonna do at this point. How often has anyone ever needed the spare outside of off-road use on a truck, especially one with load range D/E tires? The room I save under there without the spare means I can mount other stuff in that location as well.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, that's what I'm gonna do at this point. How often has anyone ever needed the spare outside of off-road use on a truck, especially one with load range D/E tires? The room I save under there without the spare means I can mount other stuff in that location as well.
good plan..