Placement of spare tire for 37's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I've read a 37" tire will not fit in the stock location, and I don't like the idea of trying to use a stock spare. I'd like to have a matching 5th wheel/tire combo. That being said, where might be the best place to mount it? I was thinking mounting it in the bed up next to the cab might be best so it's mostly out of the way and can be removed to haul plywood and stuff. A hitch mounted one would work well too but will block the rear camera. I know it will be too heavy for a roof mount and getting it down would be a huge chore. What are your suggestions?

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all 37" tires are the same size. The KO2s should fit, they are 36.5'ish.

That said...get AAA and leave them at home when you are within 100 miles of home. Throw them in the bed when you are further than 100 miles. I only carry my spares when I'm heading to the desert.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not all 37" tires are the same size. The KO2s should fit, they are 36.5'ish.

That said...get AAA and leave them at home when you are within 100 miles of home. Throw them in the bed when you are further than 100 miles. I only carry my spares when I'm heading to the desert.

I was thinking of that as well and just leaving it at home unless I was heading out of town and might need it. I'll still have the jack with me as it's mounted to the bed side and not in the way, but the spare tire will definitely be a lot more in the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts