Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Pittsburgh raptors

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by Scrap man, Jan 26, 2014.

1. mjyst3

mjyst3 Full Access Member

^ I agree. I had such a great time last night. All you all and your families were fantastic! I had a chance to learn so much about what this beast of truck can do. I think we should continue to meet at least, once a quarter. We can switch locations, times and days up so we can have more people join.

Raptor Mixer Attendees
    February 25th, 2014

1. Scrapman
    2. Gilligan
    3. Dfass16
    4. PGHTerrain
    5. mjyst3

***We missed all you all that couldn't make it.***

Looking at the calendar, how about May 3rd or 4th? This is just a suggestion weekend. If it is in conflict with anything we can always change it. We can pick a location about a month out.

2. Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe FRF Addict

Glad the truck is back on the road.

What national forest you looking at? I've done a lot of driving up in the Allegheny national forest and oil field roads. Pretty sure they would not take kindly to fast moving trucks down those roads.

Where did yinz meet at? I see subway in that picture? Hahaha

Yukon Joe
    www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

3. WorldTour

WorldTour Full Access Member

Thats two months away! Plus I'll be at our Spring*14 Event in Michigan that weekend.

Plenty of weekends between now & then to get together. :wizlick:

4. dfass16

dfass16 Full Access Member

Joe. Ya in allegheny national forest. I explained to them my truck and what it's all about and they told me any road or trail that isn't blocked off or posted is free game don't need a pass or tag. I agree mark! Need once a month that was a good time talking with everyone that had the same interest. Sure wish I was going to spring 14

5. Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe FRF Addict

Yup; agree any open road in the national forest is fair game. Some fun roads to. Most of the ones I've been on eventually dead end. So you can't take too many trucks down them, or at least need to make sure there is enough room to turn around.

Yukon Joe
    www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

6. mjyst3

mjyst3 Full Access Member

I can do once a month. I was trying to be kind to those with families. I am game for whatever. My last post was just a suggestion. I think we should decide on what weekend (1, 2, 3, or 4th) per month that would work for most. Once we decide on that, everything else should be simple for gatherings.

Any suggestions?

7. dfass16

Thats what they told me most dead end and not to blaze any of my own trails haha and some places gps doesn't work. I thought about giving it a try if I got a weekend and am bored. We have a camp in tionesta and kinzu

8. 07Alloy

07Alloy Full Access Member

Dfass16

Where is your camp in Kinzua. That's where I grew up. Now I live a bit south of there near clarion pa. Would love to see a get together up here somewhere to explore some trails

9. dfass16

by lances corner...right on the edge of the national forest

10. Stang

Stang Full Access Member

Shell is drilling new Marcellus wells up there. They have some of those snowmobile roads cut nice and wide to get rigs and large compression in. Job Corp Road is one of them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk