Pismo Beach August 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOK JR

Reaction score
We just clip ours to the front tow hook with a foam tube to protect the paint. Complete rig cost about $45 at Dune Land next to Silver Lake ORV park.

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the whip for 20 bucks at the gas station down the street from the dunes, I ordered the sticky whips suction cups online.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as i stated above, get a vhf radio and get on the jerk pirates channel. they dont charge you to come get you unstuck. they will drink beer and make fun of you while getting you unstuck, but thats a much smaller price tag compared the tow truck bill. they are an awesome group. i hang with them whenever i can. lea from freedom ropes is one of their main members. they sell recovery gear. thats how you pay them back, buy their stuff after they unstuckify you.
Great pictures. Looks like a great time.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course paddle tires are the best out there.. Mt or At tires depends on the driver. The Mt dig in and throw more sand but digging in is not so good typically. Again it's the driver that's more important to the situation. Air down significantly creates more floatation which is the key to driving on sand. At tire tends to provide more flotation than digging in. Of course the driver is again the most important part of the equation. Good drivers the type of tires matters very little. Bad drivers the type of tire means even less. I have been to Pismo more times than I can count since the 70s. I have unstuck more people than I can count. Seen more people go to the hospital than I should. One piece of advice is becareful out there. It only takes one nut to destroy a great trip. The nut behind the wheel...