Pinstripes. Is it still a thing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was unaware you could do it with tape. Interesting.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Cadillac dealership still offers pinstripe by hand for my wife's car. So it is still a thing. Not sure I would want it on my Raptor though.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a hard no from me, but my boomer dad would think it was the cat's pajamas.

hamd1786

Reaction score
There are many topics here on pinstriping after driving trails with brush.

I speak of the real kind. Ya see, I’ve succumbed to, and fallen down that rabbit hole called TikTok (my son said the Chinese have stolen all my personal info as a result. Whateva. I’m sure that’s been done over and over on the web already.)

But there’s this dude who walks up freehand with a narrow brush and puts painted pinstripes on vehicles.

I am so old I recall seeing those guys at the Acura dealership in the 90s pinstriping cars on the showroom floor.

Any of you into it or is it passé, a thing of the past? I’m thinking the right color might look cool.

I can even have him put @Oldfart ’s initials on it.
It looks amazing and unique. I saw a F-150 XLT in red and black stripes as part of the ADM. It looked nice but the price was $1.5k

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pinstripes belong in 1989 with air brushed Guns N Roses straw hats with a couple pink feathers.

Morrisabm

Reaction score
Last pinstripe job I saw was at a Harley dealership which I like on bikes but not on my truck. I’m sure your local Harley shop would know of a good contact if you really want to pinstripe your truck. Is it bad that when I saw the Fiat with whitewalls they looked at home on that truck to me?

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I kinda doubt our NY TikToker here is crashing through too much brush. Pin stripes and white walls would be great though!
Yes! Pin stripes and white walls will work but you also need spinning hub caps and curb finders to really complete the package. Make sure you send us pictures or it's just a Prius. :pepper:

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't know about that, but my last prerunner had a barbwire graphic like this on the white fenders. I always thought it was unique and fit the style of the truck. 20220628_102951.jpg