Pinstripes. Is it still a thing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are many topics here on pinstriping after driving trails with brush.

I speak of the real kind. Ya see, I’ve succumbed to, and fallen down that rabbit hole called TikTok (my son said the Chinese have stolen all my personal info as a result. Whateva. I’m sure that’s been done over and over on the web already.)

But there’s this dude who walks up freehand with a narrow brush and puts painted pinstripes on vehicles.

I am so old I recall seeing those guys at the Acura dealership in the 90s pinstriping cars on the showroom floor.

Any of you into it or is it passé, a thing of the past? I’m thinking the right color might look cool.

I can even have him put @Oldfart ’s initials on it.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It adds some personality to your truck. I wouldn't go crazy personally, but it makes your truck stand out from the herd just a little.

One single stripe on my wife's FX4 made it stand out from the other 4 million dark grey F150s...

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like they would scratch off really quickly when you drive through brush. I guess you could put them on the hood, but that doesn't sound very good.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like they would scratch off really quickly when you drive through brush. I guess you could put them on the hood, but that doesn't sound very good.
I kinda doubt our NY TikToker here is crashing through too much brush. Pin stripes and white walls would be great though!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it personally. Seems like there are a ton of other ways to personalize your truck.

But wouldn't it be better to use vinyl rather than paint these days? Don't know, I'm asking.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use to pinstripe cars back in the 80's as a living. Put a stripe down my kids truck just for shiit and giggles. It's just not much of a thing anymore, painted or taped! Pic coming for reference.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think most have gone to tape now, if they want stripes. I do remember the stripe guys that would go to a dealership and lay down some perfect stripes freehand. That always impressed me. I know the horse crowd still has some custom painters around, they always get their trailers and trucks done.