Pinging with Cobb tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m curious what the catalogs have to say. I’ve ran great fuel, to some questionable stuff (sams club/Costco) and have had 0 issues with the Cobb tune and stock plugs. Currently at 22,000 with nearly 17,000 having the AP in plsce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just FYI, Costco gas is top tier... sams club is a totally different story

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean..

They look like regular write ups about themselves and the other website just circles me back to it.

OP
OP
Ibuildnoleaks

Ibuildnoleaks

Reaction score
I wanted to update every one on my experience with Cobb. Obviously Sam saw my post last Saturday and went ahead and took time to respond. I gave them a Call on Monday, they walked me through everything and I sent in my log, turns out here in Oklahoma we think 100% (non ethanol) gas is the best out there. Now I've seen some people run 87 or whine about poor fuel mileage and it has always perplexed me why they would buy a Raptor in the first place. I've always used what I considered the best Fuel, and oil available. I've always thought this truck has been just a bit off, it didn't accelerate as smoothly as it should and every once in a while it pinged very slightly under hard driving. I even took the head of the service department with me one day and he told me he could kinda feel it but with no cel's there wasn't much he could do. That's why I bought this programmer, hoping to get it to run like I thought it should, it only exacerbated my issues. This time though with one big difference, COBB. They took my log and saw my truck has been retarding the timing all because of the fuel I have been using. All of my own troubleshooting would have never revealed this since as far as I knew I was using the best. Turns out the truck and the tune we're designed to run ethanol gas. It runs incredibly better now. For the first time since I've owned it I now feel like it runs right. So I wanted to thank COBB very publicly, for their product, and most of all the service and support.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wanted to update every one on my experience with Cobb. Obviously Sam saw my post last Saturday and went ahead and took time to respond. I gave them a Call on Monday, they walked me through everything and I sent in my log, turns out here in Oklahoma we think 100% (non ethanol) gas is the best out there. Now I've seen some people run 87 or whine about poor fuel mileage and it has always perplexed me why they would buy a Raptor in the first place. I've always used what I considered the best Fuel, and oil available. I've always thought this truck has been just a bit off, it didn't accelerate as smoothly as it should and every once in a while it pinged very slightly under hard driving. I even took the head of the service department with me one day and he told me he could kinda feel it but with no cel's there wasn't much he could do. That's why I bought this programmer, hoping to get it to run like I thought it should, it only exacerbated my issues. This time though with one big difference, COBB. They took my log and saw my truck has been retarding the timing all because of the fuel I have been using. All of my own troubleshooting would have never revealed this since as far as I knew I was using the best. Turns out the truck and the tune we're designed to run ethanol gas. It runs incredibly better now. For the first time since I've owned it I now feel like it runs right. So I wanted to thank COBB very publicly, for their product, and most of all the service and support.

Great to see you got that straightened out.