Pinging with Cobb tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As far as downloading new maps... is it as easy as plugging it in and going to the COBB website and getting new maps?

I guess I will do new plugs also because I have a little tremble after going stage 2, FMIC/SPD/Corsa

You update maps through the Accessport Manager program. Provided you have that map on your AP.

If you don’t have the specific map, you download it from Cobb website and add it to your AP manager then update the AP.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the random stage 1/2 maps for 87-93 and 103 RON and etc. I currently run 93, but for updates, I just use the coorespoding cable and plug it into my laptop and download new maps or updated maps..?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the random stage 1/2 maps for 87-93 and 103 RON and etc. I currently run 93, but for updates, I just use the coorespoding cable and plug it into my laptop and download new maps or updated maps..?

Yup. Click on update in the AP manager and it does everything for you.

The extra maps are handy if you ever go to an area that doesn’t have particular octanes.

My stage 2 Protune on my car has alternate maps for lower octanes.

OP
OP
Ibuildnoleaks

Ibuildnoleaks

Reaction score
@Sam@COBB, Thanks for reaching out. I will try and get that datalog to you today. I'm certainly not saying there's anything wrong with the tuner, I think this truck has always been just a bit off.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. Click on update in the AP manager and it does everything for you.

The extra maps are handy if you ever go to an area that doesn’t have particular octanes.

My stage 2 Protune on my car has alternate maps for lower octanes.

Bad ass... I may just take off my tune all together and run normal.

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m curious what the catalogs have to say. I’ve ran great fuel, to some questionable stuff (sams club/Costco) and have had 0 issues with the Cobb tune and stock plugs. Currently at 22,000 with nearly 17,000 having the AP in plsce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk