Pillar lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like them too. I wonder if you can order the covers separately? I have the 4" Rigid 360-series as my pillar lights on the Raptor.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They are Ford covers only sold by Ford and Ford re-sellers. It's a license thing and legal thing. That's why Fords "kit" has covers, because strictly speaking pillar lights are not legal so in order for Ford to sell them, they have covers (same reason the 2nd pair of fog lights on the Raptor has covers).

On a side note... Based on what I've seen in the Bronco world, the Ford Rigid "pillar kit" isn't that great because they don't use good hardware (it rusts from what we've seen on Broncos coming into the shop) and the harness isn't that good. You have to splice the connections.

You are honestly better off building your kit yourself so that you can make it better. SURE you won't have the Ford covers, but still you'll probably save $$ and you'll get a better harness.

We sell pillar kits on our website, as do other vendors here as well, whom all have MUCH better harnesses over the "wires" Ford gives you. Everytime we see one of these pillar kits on a truck the wiring is just ugly because they don't protect or sleeve the wires in the kit.

Really wish Rigid stopped trying to save a buck and put a DT connector on their 360 series, like the other lights. It's really really cheap to just give you some bare wires. Diode uses a 4pin DT connector for their back-lit lights, no reason Rigid can't do the same ESPECIALLY since they already use DT connectors on other lights they sell.

OP
OP
PolishMaffia

PolishMaffia

Reaction score
You’re absolutely right. Got the lights today and I’m not impressed at all. I may send them back as the harness is a joke. Thanks for the write up above.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You’re absolutely right. Got the lights today and I’m not impressed at all. I may send them back as the harness is a joke. Thanks for the write up above.

No problem. I see it all the time in the Bronco world and it makes me mad that they are putting out a kit FROM Ford with Rigid and Fords name on it, and it's nothing more then some red/black wire that isn't protected.

We make a KILLER harness and offer complete pillar kits

OP
OP
PolishMaffia

PolishMaffia

Reaction score
I did put the Bronco pillar lights on from Ford today. I used another harness and painted the lights with Matt black to help protect from winter. Doesn’t look to bad. Still up in the air on them.

Attachments

• IMG_2002.jpeg
    IMG_2002.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2001.jpeg
    IMG_2001.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 64

x-ray

Reaction score
They are Ford covers only sold by Ford and Ford re-sellers. It's a license thing and legal thing. That's why Fords "kit" has covers, because strictly speaking pillar lights are not legal so in order for Ford to sell them, they have covers (same reason the 2nd pair of fog lights on the Raptor has covers).

On a side note... Based on what I've seen in the Bronco world, the Ford Rigid "pillar kit" isn't that great because they don't use good hardware (it rusts from what we've seen on Broncos coming into the shop) and the harness isn't that good. You have to splice the connections.

You are honestly better off building your kit yourself so that you can make it better. SURE you won't have the Ford covers, but still you'll probably save $$ and you'll get a better harness.

We sell pillar kits on our website, as do other vendors here as well, whom all have MUCH better harnesses over the "wires" Ford gives you. Everytime we see one of these pillar kits on a truck the wiring is just ugly because they don't protect or sleeve the wires in the kit.

Really wish Rigid stopped trying to save a buck and put a DT connector on their 360 series, like the other lights. It's really really cheap to just give you some bare wires. Diode uses a 4pin DT connector for their back-lit lights, no reason Rigid can't do the same ESPECIALLY since they already use DT connectors on other lights they sell.

Regarding A-pillar lights, what would you guys recommend between the Diode Dynamics SS5 Pro lights and the Baja Designs LP4 lights?

Thanks,

X