Pill: Sell truck as is or or take parts off

Leave parts on or remove to sell

• Leave ‘em on

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Take ‘em off

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take em off! How the hell is it gonna help resale if you’re trading in if anything you may find a last min bait & switch when they check over your truck before ya sign papers & give you a hard time- b/c they should! Any intelligent buyer could walk onto the lot & immediately ask for discount on the truck for being modded & question whether factory warranty is impacted etc

Only question is if you’re gonna do the labor yourself to remove (what’s your time worth?) or pay someone to do it - & if that’s the case is the cost to do so going to impact the sales profit enough to dissuade you from it.

Selling the gently used parts online (or this forum) would be the easy part & I think they’d hold value decently esp since many things are tough to get these days.

You could test fit the tonneau cover anytime right? Id do that or check w/ the manufacturer directly

Edit: said all that & realized a) you’re selling it privately & b) you live in socal

In that case disregard unless you don’t value your time much or enjoy wrenching on your ride in which case have at it, but in socal prospective buyers def gonna want the mods & can actually be put to use!

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If trading in, pull off everything you can and sell it on your own, or transfer it over to your Gen3 later.
If selling privately, you may get more $ with the stuff on.

I took off what I could on my Gen2 before trading it.