Pieced together a carbon fiber interior package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
******** this forum! Thanks- I just bought one lol

that’s a good price

Damn 158 bucks for the shifter, that’s cheap. It says 2020 but shows the DM button in the pic for 17-18’s. Maybe just the wrong graphic? I’d buy one if I knew it didn’t have the button. I already have a Sync cubby storage door on hand.

OP
OP
metaphysician

metaphysician

Reaction score
It's a really good match to OEM. I have extra CF door inserts for the rear SCREW doors that I didn't need since I have a SCAB. I'll get a picture of those pieces next to the OEM Sync media door to compare.

Here's a side by side. I'd say it's a perfect match in weave, color, and gloss. Even if there was a little variation, none of the pieces are right next to each other.

20210404_094336.jpg
20210404_094252.jpg 20210404_094001.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
metaphysician

metaphysician

Reaction score
Did you install the media door yourself? How bad was it?

Yes, I did all the work. You have to remove the center console and cupholder/shifter insert. I did it the same time as the shifter. The Sync door was held in by 2 torx screws at the front (near the shifter).

The shifter and media door took probably 30 mins. Make sure to pay attention to the 2 set screws that hold the shifter on...they have like 3 threads and are tiny.

Here's the video I referenced:

Last edited:

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn 158 bucks for the shifter, that’s cheap. It says 2020 but shows the DM button in the pic for 17-18’s. Maybe just the wrong graphic? I’d buy one if I knew it didn’t have the button. I already have a Sync cubby storage door on hand.

lotta times pics don’t match the item referenced, I don’t care even if it does the switch (although that ain’t the switch you’re talking bout- the 17-18 trucks have a +\- switch for shifting) it’ll still work

OP
OP
metaphysician

metaphysician

Reaction score
The part # for the CF shifter WITHOUT tow button (2019-2020) is KL3Z-7213-HB. The previous part # WITH tow button is HL3Z-7213-HB.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the carbon dash kit. I already have the factory carbon package but like the drivers side small additions.

anyone want to buy the glove box upper trim from me?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered the carbon dash kit. I already have the factory carbon package but like the drivers side small additions.

anyone want to buy the glove box upper trim from me?

I may be interested. This is a direct replacement or stick on overlay? This was the aftermarket piece correct?

OP
OP
metaphysician

metaphysician

Reaction score
I may be interested. This is a direct replacement or stick on overlay? This was the aftermarket piece correct?

If he bought the dashboard kit I linked, it's an overlay. You could remove the OEM trim, but there isn't much for the the CF overlay to evenly stick to (no clips, just adhesive). It's a perfect fit on top of the OEM trim and even has little notches on the sides to fit around the other parts of the glovebox/dash.