Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Pics of motorhome and Raptor

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by kpecks, May 2, 2020.

1. johndjmix

johndjmix Full Access Member

Hey don, I didn’t realize how strong the mount blue ox sells is...it’s strong enough to use as tow points with straps and such...cool!

I thought about the lateral forces. Originally I wasn’t going to have the cross bar at all, just mounts on each hook. I added the cross bar to tie both sides together. So, for example when it pulls to the right it’s pulling on both tow loops....I can’t imagine that could fail.

Even so, I’m using 2 10k each rated safety cables that go from the frame on each side to the mount cross bar then to the RV.

I haven’t gotten to test it yet since the RV I bought is in Florida. Heading down to drive it back next weekend.

The kicker here is the white 2018 raptor in the pics I traded in yesterday, and picked up a new magnetic 2020 raptor. So I’ll fit the bar to that.

—john.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Don S

Don S Member

I was going to buy a Red Raptor, my favorite color, but after seeing the Magnetic, I liked it better. I really like that the fender flares are a similar color (subdued).

3. johndjmix

johndjmix Full Access Member

I was going to get a black on, but they couldn't find one. Now that i got the magnetic im glad i did. Just hate the wheels...ordered some methods all black.

--John