Pics of motorhome and Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We see your MH, but what about pics of your Raptor? (Avatars do not count) I thought I was going to see pictures of a Raptor being towed behind one or at least in the same picture for comparison... ;)

I know! Sorry. Havent had a chance to do that yet! Soon....

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not put the truck on a trailer and tow it like that? I’m genuinely asking as I don’t know anything about flat towing or RV’s.

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not put the truck on a trailer and tow it like that? I’m genuinely asking as I don’t know anything about flat towing or RV’s.

Some people do, but its SO much more convenient to not have to worry about yet another set of wheels, axles and bearings, not to mention cost, registration taxes, etc. The other thing is the sites at campgrounds arent necessarily conducive to having trailers. Its just one extra thing you have to plan for, where to store it, etc. Some people use a two wheel dolly to lift the front end of the car off the ground, usually because the car they want to tow, isnt flat towable.

The raptor can handle the towing, it was built for it, and it really doesnt add much wear and tear at all. Like JZweedy said, you barely know its back there.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people do, but its SO much more convenient to not have to worry about yet another set of wheels, axles and bearings, not to mention cost, registration taxes, etc. The other thing is the sites at campgrounds arent necessarily conducive to having trailers. Its just one extra thing you have to plan for, where to store it, etc. Some people use a two wheel dolly to lift the front end of the car off the ground, usually because the car they want to tow, isnt flat towable.

The raptor can handle the towing, it was built for it, and it really doesnt add much wear and tear at all. Like JZweedy said, you barely know its back there.

Those are logical points. When flat towing a vehicle, is the odometer racking up mileage as if it was being driven?

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those are logical points. When flat towing a vehicle, is the odometer racking up mileage as if it was being driven?
No it doesn't. The only real wear and tear is on the tires. When you consider the price of a trailer (and it has tires that have to be replaced also) the wear and tear on the tires are cheap in comparison. Also when you have a trailer, you have to worry where to park it at a campground and some places charge extra for a trailer. I used to trailer when I towed a big Jeep with VERY expensive tires, but now I would not consider it at all. It is MUCH easier to flat tow. Plus a trailer that can handle the Raptor is heavy, which adds to your towed weight.

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the front look with the front tow hitch on there?

I didn’t feel like drilling into my bumper and I wanted to keep all the connections up out of the way when off-road. The actual brackets bolt in place of the tow hooks and you drill two holes in the side of the frame. I didn’t even have to take this particular bumper off. Skid plate fits fine as well.
002A3019-D8F2-4DC9-9815-8F84ED6B57DE.jpeg