Pics from todays S1 Reverse Lights install on 2019 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the flush mount bezel to be released so I can put them in the bumper. Baja Designs has been silent on this forum and Tacoma World about the timing, so my guess is it's in development and they cant share the date.

OP
OP
Palmetto_Raptor

Palmetto_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude.... your not a Mechanic ha! I see those snap-on tools lol. All your missing is a white lab coat, and a laser pointer for that power point you just gave us ! Great Job!!!

You don't have to be a mechanic to appreciate nice tools :)

Last edited:

WARP6

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to post this. Your details are great. I'll be doing this mod soon.
Question, with the lights between the tail pipes, do the pipes cause shadows toward the outer sides of the vehicle?

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks for such detailed posts. I heard that factory backup lights has thin wiring that can be dangerous to use to power these lights?

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks for such detailed posts. I heard that factory backup lights has thin wiring that can be dangerous to use to power these lights?

There are tons and tons of folks that have connected their reverse kits directly to the OEM back up lights without issue. With that said, some chose to connect the wiring to their trailer wiring as the wire itself is slightly larger and is also phyically located near the reverse lights themselves.

01Moch1

Reaction score
Here’s a few S1 output shots

Any chance I could see what the image looks like in the back up camera with these on a few feet from a light colored wall in the dark? I'd like to go this direction with backup lighting but im concerned the S1s may wash out my rear view camera as I'm backing into my garge. I only have a few inches to spare when backing into my garage bay and without a clear image from my back up camera, I wouldn't be able to park in it.
Thanks!

OP
OP
Palmetto_Raptor

Palmetto_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to post this. Your details are great. I'll be doing this mod soon.
Question, with the lights between the tail pipes, do the pipes cause shadows toward the outer sides of the vehicle?

Not that I have been able to tell. I have mine angled down so that they hit the road about a truck length behind me so that I don't light up the neighbors house like a mothership landing when i back out my driveway. I plan to angle them out a little to get a wider spread of light. One thing i have noticed when backing out my drive is the lights seem to initially overload the camera and as i start backing out down the slope of my driveway then the camera adjusts and it looks like the lights suddenly get about 2x as bright in the Nav screen. At first I thought the lights were suddenly getting brighter but after watching in my side view mirrors I can tell the lights are not changing, it's the camera adjusting. Probably because I have them angled so low. I do plan on aiming them a little to the outside to get a little better spread of light to the sides.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is pure awesomeness.

Thanks for posting and for the others' chiming in.

Only thing I would change would be to omit the reverse light tap. Upfitter only for me.