Picking-Up Raptor Saturday - Things To Check

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timekeeper

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Picking up my 2020 802A on Saturday. Spend a couple of hours driving it around on Friday. Put about 30-35 miles on it: back roads, highway, and city. A good mix. Let the engine idle quite a bit.

The only thing I didn't do was mess with the Pano-Roof. I know those have issues. I'll need to put some silicone lube around the rubber. Should I do it before I leave the lot in-case it gets stuck or breaks? I've read all kinds of horror stories about the roofs.

Any other MAJOR items that I should go through before putting pen to paper and driving off the lot?

Regards,
John

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hose clamps, fluid levels, tire pressure with YOUR gauge, underneath, check for any wire harnesses loose or touching a hard part or ex. Component. Get pictures of all angles above, below, from above and inside. Know every minor or minute flaw BEFORE you sign anything.

lit sounds like a lot but we’ve had a bunch of users get burned by not doing a thorough enough pre sale/delivery inspection and end up with a truck in service very soon after buying.

don’t be that guy.
Good luck and ... pictures. Or you bought a prius

zwexpress

Reaction score
Few things to check for, Door gaps and seals, Hood Alignment. Double check for tie down hooks if available and floor mats. Go through all the optional equipment/others listed on the sticker and make sure the vehicle is equipped as needed. Enjoy & Congrats.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks good! That is my favorite color in the Raptor due to the matching color of the Raptor bits... :cool:

Brett Rahn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for paint chips and defects as these trucks get shipped on a truck like most and damage is all most guaranteed. Mine had chips all over it and had scratch on leather center console lid. But I got it all taken care of. But once you drive it out it’s on you.