Picking up my new '18 Raptor SCREW tues!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So after totaling my '15 Sierra 6.2 thanks to a deer (& really, now that I'm in a raptor I should thank him ) I shopped around, contemplated get another K2 gen '18 GM truck since they're discounting them 20-25% to make room for '19s- ultimately I decided to change it up & get a raptor. Very happy w/ the decision so far after having 3 GM trucks previously I have been interested in the raptor since the new gen came out w/ all the improvements.

Have a couple questions on preventative maintenance since I'll be getting it tues w/ only 124 miles on the clock (20 of which I put on during my test drive)

What kind of undercoating, if any, is used on these trucks? My GMs had a wax coating from the factory on the frame/diff etc. Daubert chemical co. Nox Rust in a spray can- would give it a liberal extra coat in July/August when it's nice & dry in preparation for all the sale/sand in New England winters. What are people using for the raptor? Would I be ok to use the same stuff?

Another protective measure I was thinking of is hitting up those nice AL A-arms w/ a coat of spray can clear coat - maybe even the shock bodies as well? I know the shocks are anodized or painted but thought it may help them stay looking nicer longer, I am sure giving the bare AL a coat w/ it would be a good idea.

How about a catch can? Never ran em on my Z06 or GM V8 trucks, think it's a waste on n/a engines even w/ DI - no buildup will occur that couldn't be cured w/ a can of seafoam or BG, & on engines still under warranty just another thing for them to mess w/ you about. Despite being boosted W/ the raptor having both direct & port injection is a catch can still necessary/good idea? Would fuel system cleaners & top tier gas be enough to keep the valves from getting gummed up?

Do all 2018's have a plastic oil pan? Why would ford do that anyhow w/ an off-road truck of all vehicles??

What are other weak points I should keep an eye on early on while still under full warranty, I think I hear someplace that the transfer case could leak?

What weight engine oil is recommended? Synthetic yes or no? How about tranny/diffs/transfer case?? I have used Amsoil products in my GMs w/ great results.

Any help/insight would be appreciated!!!

I'll post up some pics of my truck on another device, but it's a black on black 801a equipped model & had some nice options ticked off in addition- the dual pane sunroof (heard there were issues w/ these?), navi, bead lock wheels, power mirrors,remote start, BLIS, tailgate step, sync, led box lighting, spray liner, pretty much all the stuff I would have ordered if I did a custom order- only thing I would've added that isn't on it is the front locking diff- only thing it had that I didn't want was the graphics package (what a waste of $1100 lol) had the dealer take em off.