Picking up my Lead Foot today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. No, I’m still running the stock KO2’s for now. I’m thinking about going with KM3’s though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't had my KM3s off-road yet, but I'll let you know how they do when I do.

OP
OP
E

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had my KM3s off-road yet, but I'll let you know how they do when I do.

I would appreciate that, thanks. I’ve heard that the KM3s have less road noise than the stock KO2s, is that correct? Are you running stock size? Or did you go to 37s?

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate that, thanks. I’ve heard that the KM3s have less road noise than the stock KO2s, is that correct? Are you running stock size? Or did you go to 37s?

37s with the level kit. I had KO2s on a 2014 FX4, so it's been a while, but I would say the KM3s are a little louder than the KO2s. I remember them being very quiet. I got used to the noise very quickly - it doesn't bother me in the least, and I don't even hear them with the stereo on. I got the FX4 buried to the axles with the KO2s in a hunting field in soupy mud, so no more of those....embarrassing to have to ask someone with an old beater truck with mud tires to pull you out...

OP
OP
E

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37s with the level kit. I had KO2s on a 2014 FX4, so it's been a while, but I would say the KM3s are a little louder than the KO2s. I remember them being very quiet. I got used to the noise very quickly - it doesn't bother me in the least, and I don't even hear them with the stereo on. I got the FX4 buried to the axles with the KO2s in a hunting field in soupy mud, so no more of those....embarrassing to have to ask someone with an old beater truck with mud tires to pull you out...

Thanks for the reply and info. I have the old KM2s on my Nissan Frontier Pro4x and I love them. I’m rolling on my second set. Any rubbing issues with your setup? I’ve read the thread on owners having to do some trimming to rid of the rubbing. I’m running the Fox Factory Series 3.0 and I know out of the box they make the truck level; however in my case I also went with the Deavers +3 (1” higher over stock) so I have a rake again.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and info. I have the old KM2s on my Nissan Frontier Pro4x and I love them. I’m rolling on my second set. Any rubbing issues with your setup? I’ve read the thread on owners having to do some trimming to rid of the rubbing. I’m running the Fox Factory Series 3.0 and I know out of the box they make the truck level; however in my case I also went with the Deavers +3 (1” higher over stock) so I have a rake again.

No rubbing at all. I have a 2.5 inch level in front and a 1" block in rear, but that is mostly for looks - the expert at Southern Offroad told me I could clear 37s with just a 2 inch level, but one of their employees had one with the 2.5/1 and I liked the look of it. With that said, as you know the KM3s are not the biggest 37s on the block...

OP
OP
E

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No rubbing at all. I have a 2.5 inch level in front and a 1" block in rear, but that is mostly for looks - the expert at Southern Offroad told me I could clear 37s with just a 2 inch level, but one of their employees had one with the 2.5/1 and I liked the look of it. With that said, as you know the KM3s are not the biggest 37s on the block...

Awesome! Thanks for all the info and feedback.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for all the info and feedback.

The Nitto Ridge Grapplers are as quiet as the KO2s - I had them in 37s on my F-250, they are better in mud than KO2s, but not as good in the sand. I have some posted on here in the classifieds, new 35s.

OP
OP
E

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I took my Raptor down to Cobb ProTuner CamTuning (Rio Rancho, NM) so a good friend of mine, Cam could dyno tune my truck. Some quick details regarding today’s tune:

1.) Bone stock 2018 on 91 octane
2.) Pulls were done on a Dynojet
3.) Rio Rancho Elevation 5300’
4.) Ambient air temperature 71 degrees F

Did pulls on the stock tune to look at the baseline numbers. Then flashed to the Cobb Stage 1 OTS tune and did pulls to see what OTS did. Lastly, Cam flashed the truck with his custom tune and did a few pulls then made changes to the tune as needed and did a few more pulls. Over a dozen pulls were done today. We did observe heat soak. I will be installing a new Full Race FMIC to combat this issue. Once installed I’ll head back down to CamTuning for another dyno tune.

5e800ef65a067bb9779a70c9d636755a.jpg
55b6d533d5a22eb030474291a2e95cf9.jpg
90c5572b937083222fe4a4792efa3a38.jpg
7118f12e6f5f82a9706e7beb359b3cc1.jpg