Picked up my code orange 28 ago and got a thump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked up my truck yesterday. I am completely in love with it. No concerns or issues at all. Then today I'm driving around with a passenger and everytime I come to a stop and go to take off again there's a thump/thud noise from the RF seat. It's like a loose seat bolt or something. I spent some time trying to find out where it's coming from. Has anyone had a passenger in the RF seat and heard anything like this? It's like a thud, pop, thump noise like the seat is shifting slightly. It doesn't do it with no one in it. It's not super annoying but annoying enough I hear it all the time. Other than that I completely love the truck and have no other issues. Tech is amazing, ride is superb, power is fantastic. It's a true work of art. I just like a quiet cabin :banghead:

ScrumHooker

Reaction score
So I picked up my truck yesterday. I am completely in love with it. No concerns or issues at all. Then today I'm driving around with a passenger and everytime I come to a stop and go to take off again there's a thump/thud noise from the RF seat. It's like a loose seat bolt or something. I spent some time trying to find out where it's coming from. Has anyone had a passenger in the RF seat and heard anything like this? It's like a thud, pop, thump noise like the seat is shifting slightly. It doesn't do it with no one in it. It's not super annoying but annoying enough I hear it all the time. Other than that I completely love the truck and have no other issues. Tech is amazing, ride is superb, power is fantastic. It's a true work of art. I just like a quiet cabin :banghead:
Haven't had this issue, so I'm guessing its a QC issue related to seat/seat rail installation. I've got just under 1k miles on mine now, mostly with wife in the passenger seat and a kid in the back and I've yet to have/hear any issues within the cabin. Hope you're able to figure it out or fix it easily buddy.

OP
OP
T

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You haven’t grabbed your tools and fixed it yet?
I can't figure out where it's coming from :banghead: there's a tsb for seat frame stuff but I've never done one yet and don't know if that's the noise it makes I was gonna ask another tech Monday unless I blow the speakers out trying to drown it out before then LOL

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Move the seat forward all the way and tighten the rear bolts, move the seat back all the way and tighten the front bolts. There's where I would start. If there's no bolts, you found the problem, lol. Your truck is gorgeous!

OP
OP
T

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Move the seat forward all the way and tighten the rear bolts, move the seat back all the way and tighten the front bolts. There's where I would start. If there's no bolts, you found the problem, lol. Your truck is gorgeous!
Thanks I checked the front I haven't gotten to the backs. It's almost like the seat frame round bars are doing it. Not sure

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My passenger seat does the same thing. Havnt had time to dive into it yet, but its more annoying from the passenger seat than the driver's seat, and I'm usually driving. Ever find out what was causing it?