Pic and measurement help - top of shock installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snuggles

Reaction score
I recently picked up my 2012 SCREW and was looking into leveling with a set of eibach springs.

I was measuring the existing height, and it's closer to "level" than I expected. From what I've seen my front end is higher than many people posting measurements, so I checked the shock and it looks like it's still on bottom perch, but then realized it doesn't look like the top of the shock is all the way in the bucket.

Can someone share a picture of what the top of their shock looks like installed? I'm wondering if maybe the previous owner put a spacer lift in to level it:
IMG-9685.jpg

Pic from the side:
IMG-9110.jpg

Front wheelwell to ground is 41-7/8"
Rear wheelwell to ground is 43-1/2"
Basically a 1-1/2" difference front to back.

Does this jive with factory low perch heights?

Thanks!

OP
OP
S

Snuggles

Reaction score
This is the only similar pic I can find online, which I think might be a Gen 2. The top of shock looks much more seated in there, which makes me wonder if I have spacers:
1667946346628.png

My big concern is really trying to understand what the final height will be.

OP
OP
S

Snuggles

Reaction score
Although I did search, the "similar threads" function at the bottom is apparently pretty good. Suggested this thread, which has the same exact question:

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah there are definitely spacers there. Ditch the spacers and add geisers or eibachs, and move the perch up to the 2nd position if needing/wanting more height. The spacers are only hurting suspension geometry for the raptor

OP
OP
S

Snuggles

Reaction score
Yeah there are definitely spacers there. Ditch the spacers and add geisers or eibachs, and move the perch up to the 2nd position if needing/wanting more height. The spacers are only hurting suspension geometry for the raptor
I agree. Never would have bought spacers myself. I already have eibachs in a box on the floor ready to install along with freshly rebuilt shocks. I was mentally prepping for the install and thought the shock mount looked off.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. You don’t by chance need new top hat isolators do you ?? The ones I ordered from TASCA parts a while back were back ordered and finally showed up, but I had already found a set on eBay by that point.

OP
OP
S

Snuggles

Reaction score
Nice. You don’t by chance need new top hat isolators do you ?? The ones I ordered from TASCA parts a while back were back ordered and finally showed up, but I had already found a set on eBay by that point.
I do! I was planning on putting together entirely new assemblies. I’ll either keep the old shocks as rebuild spares, or sell them.