PIAA RF 10s - amber fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcgleevn

Reaction score
I've always had a thing for PIAA lights, I'm not sure why... I picked up a couple RF10s to tinker with and I think I'll keep them mounted like this for now. Took a bit of time to craft the mounts: basically used both included PIAA mount kits and some aluminium angle... not sure this is a "forever mount" but it will do for now. I had to modify, or rather simplify, the wire kit to run with the upfitter switch.

PIAA1.jpg
Note the lamps are not square with the road or the bumper... The angle on the bumper is enough that to be effective I had to leave some of the lamp "exposed", otherwise a majority of the light would be off to the side. The PIAA lamps utilize RFT or Reflector Facing Technology (fancy) that reflects the LEDs, giving a laser-like edge to the top of the light, and they're SAE compliant, so I hopefully wont have any issues with on-road use.

PIAA2.jpg

My wife is due for girl #3 in June, so when daddy needs some testosterone in his life, I usually find my way to the garage >>> in other words, more mods to come...

OP
OP
mcgleevn

mcgleevn

Reaction score
Can you get output shots against a wall?

Always wondered how the pattern was from these.
PIAA_pattern.jpg

Alot of daylight here... Looks razor thin, but it does illuminate the ground as well. And the beam extends beyond 180° on either side.