Photoshop how is this done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
How do you make pictures like this? I may have some cool ideas if I can figure it out.
Perfect-Jump-Forum-Snowboards.jpg

Milhouse

Reaction score
You film it with a camera on a fixed tripod and then take the frames and overlay the steps you want into one image.

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Can i use my camera (Canon EOS Rebel T1i) and set it on whatever the setting is called where you hold down the button and it takes a bunch of pics really fast?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you can do that and then merge the photos together which I do not know how to do. I believe that setting is called burst mode or something along the lines of that.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can i use my camera (Canon EOS Rebel T1i) and set it on whatever the setting is called where you hold down the button and it takes a bunch of pics really fast?

You can do it this way, just make sure to use a tripod or some sort of stable mount. I've done it once while hand holding and panning, and it took literally 3hrs a day for a week to blend all those pics together in Photoshop... that sucked ass...

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
How big do you need the image? Are you planning on printing it or just on screen? If you don't need it huge, doing a video would be best. Video is just a bunch of stills in a row, between 24 and 60 pictures a second to be exact. Then you just go into the video and export whatever image you want and layer those on top of each other in photoshop.

The other way of doing it is like you said, on a tripod, using burst mode. I'm not sure how big the buffer is on the T1i but be sure and use JPEG and not RAW. I would do a test at first to make sure the buffer is big enough for whatever trick your doing. IE, set the camera to burst mode, take stop watch and time how long the camera takes pictures before stopping. What happens is that the camera is producing images faster than it can write them to the card so the lower the quality of the image, the more images you will be able to capture and the longer it will be able to take pictures. Also keep in mind that you won't be able to get yourself this close together using this method. You would get maybe half the number of stills captured here. They were using a pro=level body that has a really fast burst. If you can get your hands on one of the new Sony NEX cameras they are CRAZY fast at 10fps (frames per second).

Last edited: