Photoshop Help: wrap tailgate or not???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha....agreed. I had the same experience. My girlfriend was driving mine one day and I happened to see her out and about. I was admiring the truck for a few secs from afar before I realized it was mine!

I think your truck is pretty dialed in the looks dept! Your truck has me loving the V3, but I'm still deciding if I want to ditch the sensors. I don't use them much, but they've saved my ass once when I wasn't looking. Is there any clean way to tab them on that bumper?

I hear you on the LT kits! I scored on some used 3.0s and rogue UCA w/tie rods, but a LT kit is on my list. What are your top choices right now?

OP
OP
LekRap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Mluis11 I am loving my SVC V3. I thought I would miss my rear sensors too...but honestly I haven't missed them one bit. Jeff at SVC told me that the sensors really wouldn't work out in the bumper (not enough room in those spots). Maybe someone could mess with it, but honestly, I don't think you'll miss them.

As far as LT kits go, I'm looking forward to seeing SVC's LT 4WD deal coming up. Also really like the RPG bolt kit. Got to save up the piggy bank for quite a while for either of those though. For now, I'm gonna piece some shit together for now...but still trying to save up for the real deal. What about you Matt, what do you got your eye on?

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Also saw that you are one of the first (if not the first) to the rst 16 rear setup...how are you liking that?

Last edited:

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LekRap I want to retain 4WD for the snow or else I'd be all over the Mazzulla kit. I recently got the RST16 so the RPG bolt is my front runner to pair up with that right now since I can use my existing 3.0 c/o. Also like the fact that it doesn't require cutting the coil buckets off. Brenthal has a nice setup, but that requires some cutting and welding. Can't wait to see what SVC comes out with, but that'll also require some cutting and welding from what I've read. I actually bought my Rogue components from the guy that owns the truck that SVC is using to build their kit.

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Also saw that you are one of the first (if not the first) to the rst 16 rear setup...how are you liking that?[/QUOTE]

I'm loving it! Only spent an hour or two out at Oceano before I blew my power steering up, but I was very impressed with the stuff it was handling comfortably. Measured 16" from the axle to bottom of the bump, so with 2.5" of bump it's giving me 18.5"! Plus I keep full use of my bed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LekRap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah @Mluis11, I've looked at those exact same kits too. Mazzulla does really clean shit and is a super nice guy. I got my bumper from him and all you hear is that his stuff is some of the best out there. I also can't really justify pulling out the whole 4WD. Brenthal is nice too and I guess they are offering their kit with 3.0 instead of the 2.5's. Still really leaning towards SVC and RPG. The guys at SVC have been awesome to me and got to see their kit. Really liking the bolt kit too. Seems very complete and very solid without going crazy (still all bolt on and using regular 3.0's). I love the increased track width of the bolt kit too...as I'm sure SVC's will have too. That stance is just straight mean! I think if it wasn't for the enticement of the SVC LT 4wd kit, I probably woulda sold a kidney and gotten the bolt kit and rst 18's. Two great options and two great shops in my book.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Asking for a little help from anyone with some photoshop skills.

I just got my new bumper from SVC and love it...but I feel like my rear might be looking too clean and slick now that I'm all blackout and and have such a sleak bumper. I'm kicking around the idea of wrapping my tailgate in a matte black. I have a matte black hood wrap already and thought maybe the tailgate would tie the front and back together with the wrap.

My photoshop skills are zero and my feeble attempts at downloading apps on my phone to do it went nowhere.

Thanks for any and all help and opinions if I should do it or not!

Because your a good loyal SVC customer and its 10:20 at night, and I'm a photoshop ninja I thought I would take on your request.

4_zpssa781yus.jpg

3_zpsfnbypddl.jpg

Jarrett

OP
OP
LekRap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @svc / Jarrett! This is an old thread and I've kinda gotten over this particular kick, but I appreciate it none the less. I'm really enjoying the V3 bumper and get tons of compliments and many guys saying they're planning on getting it. As always, you guys do extremely good quality work. I can't wait to get my funds up and get serious with suspension. I will definitely be hitting you guys up.