phoenix tesla system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Phoenix estimates that I should have the unit on hand at the end of the month. The new one will be the 13" unit with Android 12, which is a large upgrade from the 12.1" unit with Android 9. The current unit is 4GB of RAM with the new one being 8GB of RAM, plus the physical button design is nicer as well. I have the newer Android 10 unit in my Audi, and the screen and response time is quite a bit better than the Android 9 unit in the truck, so I'm looking forward to it. Having what is a full Android tablet with all the apps and internet connection in the dash is very nice.

At this point I have all the upgraded Focal speakers and tweeters installed as well as the JL subwoofer and NVX amp powering it. I've been using the signal from both front speakers on the line converter with the remote bass knob and it's been working excellent. I am still thinking of changing out the stock Sony processor so I can get even more sound quality out of the setup I currently have, but I will most likely wait on that until the new head unit is in so I can weigh my options, plus the truck will be in storage until March or so next year.

The rear seat entertainment setup has been excellent as well. With having easy access to the HDMI input to the screen you can easily hook up a game system to it which is a lot of fun for the long trips. The rechargeable bluetooth headphones have been great too. No hiccups with anything on both units at this point. I will be putting the same system in my 2013 Flex to replace the stock Invision DVD system that's now down a screen and about useless with the IR headphones.

Last edited:

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update on this - Phoenix Automotive informed me that they only have the Android 9 unit for the 13" screen, and that they are working on an Android 12 unit. I had put my order in back in September for the new unit and was told December would be the anticipated ship time. Messaged them again regarding it to which I was told it was going to be at least 2 more months yet before the Android 12 units would be available. I decided to just have them refund me and will order once they are actually available. Their customer service has been great, I just don't feel like waiting for when there's no real available ship time currently. They refunded me immediately, so no harm no foul.