phoenix tesla system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I pulled the plug and splurged and ordered the 13". Hopefully, they have taken all the lessons learned from 12.1 and made it better on the 13 :) "wishful thinking" -
Cody, thx for the photos of your setup, it defniitely inspired me to take the plunge.

Did you ever get the 13" Android 10 unit it? I'm debating doing the upgrade to it!

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still haven't seen much in the way out there yet for the Android 10 units making their way into the F-150's yet. It looks like most of them are still on backorder at this point.

EDIT: Phoenix is telling me half a month out on the Android 10 units still.

Last edited:

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just put my order in for the 13" Android 10 8GB RAM 128GB ROM unit from Phoenix Automotive. They are now available for shipping in stock. Also shout out to Capital One savings for finding me an old discount code that saved like 75 dollars on the order. lol

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update on this - apparently the Android 10 units are being phased out already and they are updating them all to Android 12. The issue with this is that it looks like it'll be 2 months before I get the unit. Not a huge deal as the truck will be going into storage here soon, so I can always install it once I get it back out in the spring. They did send me a 50 dollar refund for the wait though.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got one of these for my wife's 2014 Mustang. Installation was pretty easy all things considered. The only gripe I had about it while getting everything setup was the sound for the audio is LOUD. I was able to go into the settings and mess with the equalizer and back the sound off a bit and it's much better. She has iPhone so getting it to do the screen mirroring as a bit convoluted and getting it connected via bluetooth and WiFi wasn't all that bad. Overall she's pleased with it and I am very tempted to get one for my Gen 1 with the Sync 2 ystem, but I'm a simple man and the current system is more than adequate for my needs.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got one of these for my wife's 2014 Mustang. Installation was pretty easy all things considered. The only gripe I had about it while getting everything setup was the sound for the audio is LOUD. I was able to go into the settings and mess with the equalizer and back the sound off a bit and it's much better. She has iPhone so getting it to do the screen mirroring as a bit convoluted and getting it connected via bluetooth and WiFi wasn't all that bad. Overall she's pleased with it and I am very tempted to get one for my Gen 1 with the Sync 2 ystem, but I'm a simple man and the current system is more than adequate for my needs.

They do take some tweaking and messing with them, but the value for what the unit can do is pretty amazing, plus it looks awesome. The Sync 2 system is so dated at this point and can't do much.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the system set up in the wife's Mustang and played with the audio equalizer, but it is still too damn loud. On "1" it is fine, but "3" and above is overwhelming to the point of rattling the speakers. The Mustang has the old Sync 1 system with the amplifier. Any tips?

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the system set up in the wife's Mustang and played with the audio equalizer, but it is still too damn loud. On "1" it is fine, but "3" and above is overwhelming to the point of rattling the speakers. The Mustang has the old Sync 1 system with the amplifier. Any tips?

I would get on the Facebook group for them and do some searching/asking. Mine has been perfectly fine in the Raptor with the stock Sync 2 system.