phoenix tesla system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your install findings! Nice to see someone had some success without paying the Russian guy on Facebook or whatever lol.
I believe he just offers a firmware update for some issues with them. So far the issues I've had have been settings issues, or just getting better about understanding how to use the dang thing. lol I'm extremely glad that I installed it though. Every time I get into my 2013 Flex that has Sync 2 is just feels old. lol

WHBD

Reaction score
Would you mind dropping a pic of the unit mounted in the truck?

bigjerry

Reaction score
Does it have RCA outputs to run an external amp or sub pre-outs? Been looking at doing this in my 2013 for a while. My sync 2 keeps shuffling all my songs when I play bluetooth. Around 20 seconds in. Very frustrating.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does it have RCA outputs to run an external amp or sub pre-outs? Been looking at doing this in my 2013 for a while. My sync 2 keeps shuffling all my songs when I play bluetooth. Around 20 seconds in. Very frustrating.
No RCA outputs. I just used a line converter and tapped into the front door speakers. Works perfect and will give you your RCA outputs and full control over the subwoofer.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Longer term update on this - absolutely loving the unit still. I bought the firmware upgrade for it and love it even more. It took care of a lot of the little buggy issues the radio has, but also adds a ton of new features and options to the radio as well. It's so nice being able to just pull up YouTube and listen to/watch whatever I want. Also, if you get bored of the background or boot screen you can do live wallpapers and different boot screens. The navigation that comes with the unit actually works really well, but you can also use Google Maps too if you want. Cool thing is you can dual screen, so you can run the nav and YouTube at the same time. I actually ordered a similar unit for my 2004 Audi allroad I liked it so much in the Raptor.

vetteengr

Reaction score
I pulled the plug and splurged and ordered the 13". Hopefully, they have taken all the lessons learned from 12.1 and made it better on the 13 :) "wishful thinking" -
Cody, thx for the photos of your setup, it defniitely inspired me to take the plunge.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I pulled the plug and splurged and ordered the 13". Hopefully, they have taken all the lessons learned from 12.1 and made it better on the 13 :) "wishful thinking" -
Cody, thx for the photos of your setup, it defniitely inspired me to take the plunge.

I'm sure it'll still have a few headaches to work around since they are Chinese-based Android head units, but once you get the kinks worked out they're amazing. I'd imagine you shouldn't run into too many issues besides having to make sure all the settings are right. The 13" unit should be a nice upgrade over the 12" unit since it'll be Android 10 as well as 8-core instead of 6. I just finished installation of a 10" 8-core Android 11 unit into my Audi and it's a fair bit faster than the one in the truck. I'm not sure if Sergey is doing firmware for the Android 10 units yet, but it was 100 bucks well spent. You probably won't get much in the way of instructions with your unit, but just take your time and you should be fine.

vetteengr

Reaction score
I'm sure it'll still have a few headaches to work around since they are Chinese-based Android head units, but once you get the kinks worked out they're amazing. I'd imagine you shouldn't run into too many issues besides having to make sure all the settings are right. The 13" unit should be a nice upgrade over the 12" unit since it'll be Android 10 as well as 8-core instead of 6. I just finished installation of a 10" 8-core Android 11 unit into my Audi and it's a fair bit faster than the one in the truck. I'm not sure if Sergey is doing firmware for the Android 10 units yet, but it was 100 bucks well spent. You probably won't get much in the way of instructions with your unit, but just take your time and you should be fine.
Thank you, still waiting on confirmation from Phoenix. Will update once I have it installed.