Phoenix AZ Raptor repair recommendation wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2011 SCREW, 6.2L, 200K plus miles, no engine or tranny modifications, SCT Tuner used to read and reset codes.

I am looking for a shop that works on raptors, new to AZ, Mesa area, just relocated from TX.

For the past month, I have had trouble with the transmission going into gear. This started after the truck had sat at airport parking for about 6 weeks and it tends to happen when the truck has sat for a couple of days vs. driven daily.

The problem is most commonly seen when I try to shift into reverse, although I have had the truck go into limp mode once. When this started, the engine threw a code, which I scanned and cleared and it has not been throwing codes since and I didn't write it down as I was just trying to get the thing to move. Regardless, all dash illuminations which normally would come on did (fans blew, infotainment operated, etc.)...except for the gear indicator (PRND21) in which would not illuminate when shifting into reverse, ie, the "R" does not light up. Repeatedly inserting starting, stopping then removing and inserting and restarting with the key and shifting to "R" would eventually allow the reverse gear indicator to be illuminated, at which point the truck behaved normally.

The truck had the transmission recall performed less than a year ago, and it caused a massive change in how the transmission operated, shift points, etc. I have NOT had the "Customer satisfaction program" for "TRANSMISSION MOLDED LEADFRAME EXTENDED COVERAGE" Campaign# 19N01 performed, called the dealer and I am BOTH over age (10 years) and over mileage (150K) so may need help from ford service consultant to get this reactivated.

In the event I cannot get FORD to assist, I need a competent shop to perform the procedure, any recommendations? The problem seems to be exactly as reads below:

Customer Satisfaction Program 19N01 – Transmission Molded Leadframe Extended Coverage – 2011-2013 Ford F-150 & 2012-2013 Expedition & Lincoln Navigator

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION

Customer Satisfaction Program 19N01 – Transmission Molded Leadframe Extended Coverage – 2011-2013 Ford F-150 & 2012-2013 Expedition & Lincoln Navigator

NHTSA ID Number: 10183669
Manufacturer Communication Number: 19N01-S3

Summary​

Certain 2011 – 2013 Model Year F-150 and 2012- 2013 Model Year Expedition/Navigator Vehicles Equipped with A 6R80 Transmission Transmission Molded Leadframe Extended Coverage In some of the affected vehicles, an output shaft speed (OSS) sensor failure may result in an illuminated malfunction indicator light (MIL) and/or wrench light in the instrument cluster with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P0720, P0722, P0731 and/or P1500 stored in the powertrain control module (PCM).

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SDHQ will take months for a appointment. May want to ask who does their trans work and goto to them directly. I do not know of any trans shops in arizona i could recommend. My local ford dealer in Casa Grande is pretty good . I deal with 1 mechanic most time and he is good with 6R80. I would tell them it drops in 1st gear that was part of the safety concern causing an accident. May get some money off the repair

Last edited: