GEN 2 phoenix automotive PX6 Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that is the right cable - and it must be a cable issue because I have the same thing going as you guys, and I NEVER have an issue with sync or the camera blacking out or losing connection.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Great to hear. Can you clarify on the bolded part? I want to try this out myself, but I'm not sure what the 'tabs' are? Are they visible in the picture? Is it apart of the ring that sticks out (toward the foreground of the picture)? And what direct is 'in'? Towards the center, where the 4 pins are? Toward the background of the picture?

By what you describe, sort sounds like the ring is sticking out (toward foreground) a bit, which is keeping the pins from going in all the way and seating correctly in the harness. Pushing down on the ring resolves the issue.

I would be absolutely estatitic if this works. Would be good to know where/if a replacement wire can be had as well.

edit: this cable is too short, but I think this is the right cable, correct?

https://rfsupplier.com/sync-3-syste...d-touch-or-lincoln-mylincoln-touch_p9476.html

Ok, so looking at the center of the connector you see the + with the 4 holes? just out side that there are 4 metal tabs in a ring around it. Slightly bend those in. Not a lot just enough to make it look not like a perfect circle. This will put pressure on the Sync side connector and also giving you a better connection.

I think that is the right cable - and it must be a cable issue because I have the same thing going as you guys, and I NEVER have an issue with sync or the camera blacking out or losing connection.

I agree. I think the connectors that they are using aren't the best and that's the issue.

Here's a longer cable, but not exactly sure the harness/heads match correctly. And the shipping date is horrible. Probably not shipped from the US.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XLMHGY1/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

short cable again...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S2S1568/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Those look correct but I think the long cable in the amazon link are using similar connectors as the ones we got from Phoenix. The one from rfsupplier looks like it has good connectors on it. What I'm looking at is where the pins go in. More surface area in those pin holes to make contact = better. We need a cable about 6" long if you plan on getting a replacement.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so looking at the center of the connector you see the + with the 4 holes? just out side that there are 4 metal tabs in a ring around it. Slightly bend those in. Not a lot just enough to make it look not like a perfect circle. This will put pressure on the Sync side connector and also giving you a better connection.

Yes, after seeing other pictures of the device, it's easier to see what you meant. Initially, I thought they the four metal pieces were flat...like the connection for a AA batteries, if that makes sense. Other angles show they are not flat, and I can see how they could bend into the center.

[QUOTE="lateralis, post: 1536550, member: 35325"
Those look correct but I think the long cable in the amazon link are using similar connectors as the ones we got from Phoenix. The one from rfsupplier looks like it has good connectors on it. What I'm looking at is where the pins go in. More surface area in those pin holes to make contact = better. We need a cable about 6" long if you plan on getting a replacement.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. I still have the original cable, so it might be worth a bit of comparing for differences. Ideally, it would be good if you could get the wire and harness/heads separately. It looks rather simple over all, just a coax cable with 4 pins instead of 1.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I played around with this a bit last night. The cable connection is definitely the issue and I have it fixed, at least temporarily. I was hesitant to press the tabs much, partially because it seemed rather fragile and patially because I don't really have a tool small enough. I tried a sewing needle, but even that seems a bit too large and not strong enough.

The screen seems to be about 95% more stable now. It's working perfectly, and drove around the block a few times without issue. I did notice a flicker here and there once I parked though. I think I will go ahead and order a replacement cable, despite the shipping delay, to try it out or modify if this doesn't work long term.

Strobesnmore

Reaction score
So after waiting 3 weeks I was told unit was shipping in 5 days. 2 weeks later it was shipping in 2 more days. End of last week they said “they have no idea when it will ship.” So after a month and a half I have nothing.

I canceled the order and received a refund.