GEN 2 phoenix automotive PX6 Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are also fixing issues for other vehicles but are working on things as they have time. I've seen updates for various other platforms so I'm sure they will get to them all over time. Their customer service seems to be decent for a small company.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are also fixing issues for other vehicles but are working on things as they have time. I've seen updates for various other platforms so I'm sure they will get to them all over time. Their customer service seems to be decent for a small company.

Their customer service is pretty bad overall. The user manual is not useful at all. The online FAQs are somewhat useful, but not very well organized. Installation instructions are poor and not very well organized, youtube video only. Creating a ticket on their site will result in a response two weeks later with an unhelpful message, and automatically closed message.

Seriously, customer service is an absolutely liability. The reason they sell units is because no one comes close the matching their functionality and price. If Linkswell or GU Autotech were in the same ballpark for price and functionality, no one would be buying PX6s.

And I really don't have a lot of confidence that they are going to fix issues in time. They will fix some sure, but since they are focusing on integrating faster, higher version tablets, for dozens of auto models, with likely a tiny development staff, with very few if any vehicles to test on....with no competition to be concerned about....I have very little faith. And I don't think it really helps that automakers are coming out with 12" screens of their own. Yes, it will be quite some time before all vehicles on the road have these large screens, but the market is not going to get any bigger.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got to say with the 50 update and Sergey's firmware, this thing is working very well with almost no issues to speak of. I mean, with the stock screen I had issues with the screen going blank or not turning on and shit like that. I'm very pleased with this unit but a hotspot is a must if you have an iphone since it won't auto tether. Watching the NFL while having to go somewhere yesterday was pretty awesome!

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree with @nikhsub1. MCU50 and Sergey's firmware is where it's at. I do have 1 big issue though and that's the Sync side crapping out a LOT. Back up camera works sporadically and sometimes counsel just straight up blanks out. I've figured out that it's the cable for the Sync module not staying fully seated. So I'm trying to figure out how to fix this now since wedging it with electrical tape doesn't seem to last long.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotta agree with @nikhsub1. MCU50 and Sergey's firmware is where it's at. I do have 1 big issue though and that's the Sync side crapping out a LOT. Back up camera works sporadically and sometimes counsel just straight up blanks out. I've figured out that it's the cable for the Sync module not staying fully seated. So I'm trying to figure out how to fix this now since wedging it with electrical tape doesn't seem to last long.

I have the same sync side issue. I've suspected that it was a connection issue, since that matches the results, but the connection looked good whenever I looked back there. Curious to see what solution you come up with. Also wondering if it's possible to get a replacement cable. IIRC correctly, PHX originally had issue with the cable length, and made longer cables from their warehouse office in California. Makes me think replacement cables should be available.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont have the camera blanking out at all. What I do get sometimes is the camera image will freeze on a frame and be stuck there until you put the truck in drive - pretty infrequent though.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont have the camera blanking out at all. What I do get sometimes is the camera image will freeze on a frame and be stuck there until you put the truck in drive - pretty infrequent though.

I do get the blank image a lot. I'd say about 80% of the time, and when it does work, there's a good chance it won't work for long. Same thing happens when I go to console/sync screen. I do get a frozen frame from time to time, but that's a small percentage of the time, when I do get a screen at all.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've messed with mine a couple times already. Each time it gets a full click in but when I get back into it I find it backed half way out. Tape didn't seem to hold it this time so I'm going to have to get creative.

I'll be in Cali in about a month so maybe I can swing up there and grab a new cable from them.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just gone done messing around the the PX6. Both ends of the Sync Cable felt loose even while fully seated so I feel fairly confident that it is the issue. I disconnected the cable and and poked around a bit on it and if you look close you will see the split metal ring around the perimeter of the center 4 pins. Usually this is ground connection for the cable. Use a really fine pick/scribe or be really careful with a small knife and bend the tabs of the ring in slightly. I did that to both ends of the cable and when I re-connected them they felt firm and didn't budge. Turned the PX6 back on and everything works just fine! Camera cycles normally off the button, reverse kicks on no problem and the Sync screen doesn't fuzz and black out anymore. Hopefully this last and I'll let you guys know if it bums out again. So far so good though.

20200915_114029.jpg

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So just gone done messing around the the PX6. Both ends of the Sync Cable felt loose even while fully seated so I feel fairly confident that it is the issue. I disconnected the cable and and poked around a bit on it and if you look close you will see the split metal ring around the perimeter of the center 4 pins. Usually this is ground connection for the cable. Use a really fine pick/scribe or be really careful with a small knife and bend the tabs of the ring in slightly. I did that to both ends of the cable and when I re-connected them they felt firm and didn't budge.

Wow. Great to hear. Can you clarify on the bolded part? I want to try this out myself, but I'm not sure what the 'tabs' are? Are they visible in the picture? Is it apart of the ring that sticks out (toward the foreground of the picture)? And what direct is 'in'? Towards the center, where the 4 pins are? Toward the background of the picture?

By what you describe, sort sounds like the ring is sticking out (toward foreground) a bit, which is keeping the pins from going in all the way and seating correctly in the harness. Pushing down on the ring resolves the issue.

I would be absolutely estatitic if this works. Would be good to know where/if a replacement wire can be had as well.

edit: this cable is too short, but I think this is the right cable, correct?

https://rfsupplier.com/sync-3-syste...d-touch-or-lincoln-mylincoln-touch_p9476.html

Last edited: