GEN 2 phoenix automotive PX6 Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Granted...

I have a Sony sync 3... but I am bug free on MCU 50... now when I say Bug free... I mean I don’t detect any problems on the typical stuff I use. I haven’t messed around with the steering wheel skip track controls on the tablet streaming music really. But otherwise MCU 50 works very well.

I also advise anyone who hasn’t recently upgraded to try to get ahold
Of Phoenix to get an updated MCU box. They finally got it dialed in. I went from android 8 px6 to android 9 fastboot but the big improvement was the MCU box. Crystal clear sound.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also on Sync 3 sony system w/ Px6 Android fast boot Serg firmware and now MCU version 50

So far steering controls seem to work fine for native music app next/prev and volume control.

CarPlay music control similarly seems fine.

I haven’t been able to repro the camera stuck issue but will report back if I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright rolled back to mcu version E050 from E055 to see if it fixes my issue as it seemed to for Guy.

This version was linked in this post https://www.fordraptorforum.com/posts/1439652/

After updating things seemed to function as normal so far.

Also I found you can open the RL7A.bin file in a text editor (vim, sublime, etc) or HEX editor and search for KWY_E to find the version.

Vim editor with normal bin file
fdf1ab1bdfdc03e93853aeed06d0211e.jpg

Vim w/ command “:%! Xxd” (for hex editor view of bin file)
9fe9d31d475c43f44d88db7be350a718.jpg

This stuff reminds me of the movie Matrix.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Granted...

I have a Sony sync 3... but I am bug free on MCU 50... now when I say Bug free... I mean I don’t detect any problems on the typical stuff I use. I haven’t messed around with the steering wheel skip track controls on the tablet streaming music really. But otherwise MCU 50 works very well.

I also advise anyone who hasn’t recently upgraded to try to get ahold
Of Phoenix to get an updated MCU box. They finally got it dialed in. I went from android 8 px6 to android 9 fastboot but the big improvement was the MCU box. Crystal clear sound.

What is this updated MCU box? I think my non fast boot android 8 PX6 is a mid '19 build with that red see thru-ish MCU box and I'm pretty sure it's giving me floor noise.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have a new red box that fixes it.

good luck trying to get them to send it to you.

• What is this updated MCU box? I think my non fast boot android 8 PX6 is a mid '19 build with that red see thru-ish MCU box and I'm pretty sure it's giving me floor noise.

Strobesnmore

Reaction score
So I am considering buying the new PX6 and have 2 questions if I may? 1. do they send you the latest updates? 2. What options do I need to buy? Like everyone has said they are very vague...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I am considering buying the new PX6 and have 2 questions if I may? 1. do they send you the latest updates? 2. What options do I need to buy? Like everyone has said they are very vague...

Latest update? Maybe. Depends on how long it's been sitting on the shelf. However, since they aren't doing a ton of QA testing, specifically with each model of vehicle, you don't necessarily want the latest update as it might not be the best for your Raptor. As Guy pointed out above, MCU v50 appears to perform better than v55.

As far as what options you need to buy, none are required. They provide additional features that may or may not matter to you. Some are features the Raptor already provides.

There is guy in Russia that offers a package of modifications, mostly cosmetic, for $100 that is highly recommended by many around here. That's through FB though, not through Phoenix.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MCU 50 has been working really well for me the only random thing I’ve noticed is hitting next button on steering wheel will mute the music app sometimes. Anyone happen to get any MCU versions later than 50 that fix the reverse cam screen issue?