phoenix android unit dor 4inch creen users

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mata

Reaction score
there are a few users of this 12.1in screen that have the 800a radio (4 in screen) and wr just started receiving our android units. i think we have a different set of issues compared to sync3 users since the oem screen is not touch so a completely new interface was created by phoenix for our systems.
so far here are bugs on mine:

1. console sound overrides any other source of sound.
a) ocasionally the console app overrides any app and does not let me use anything else in the tablet (shown in video)
b). tablet bluetoth gets connected but no sound (console sound overrides it), on the same bluetooth issue, stock ford sync bluetooth is still recognized but can not use it since there are no controls on screen to conect
c) whats that AT button on the console that doesnt do anything when pressed?
d) the only way to get sound out of the tablet music app is to go to the console and press he source button (musical note icon) and press play, after that you can play mp3 files tru the music app, however it only lasts a couple of seconds before the console app forces itself into the screen again.

2. reverse camera flickers and only shows the actual reverse image for fractions of a second. another 4in screen user i contacted is having the same issue.

if there are any other 800a users that received this system any input is appreciated

Big Ratt

Reaction score
I have the 4” (Sync 1) set up currently.

AT button has not functioned for me.

Kind of have the similar problem with the console.

When I start the truck it seems that the Sync function is overriding everything.
When is press FM is goes back to Sync screen. I do that a couple times and close everything and reopen. That usually get it out of the Sync mode and will allow FM to function.

So I think that the Sync function is the issue. At least with mine.

Only App I have installed is Waze. The sound of Waze has worked once. After that I get no sound from it. The navigation works fine. But without sound. When the sound worked it was coming from the Passenger Front speaker only.

My backup camera works fine. Tiny bit of lag once in awhile. Not enough to bother me. Do you have the update with the back up sensors? I didn’t originally until they sent me a new update.

Phoenix Audio installed my unit and has been trouble shooting things with me a little.

I need to let them know of the current issues. The console thing was working fine until recently. Don’t know if the apps were an issue since I’ve only recently used it.