Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does aftermarket firmware do anything to the backup camera image?
Mine currently looks smaller then back then? and colors seem dark and over saturated

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does aftermarket firmware do anything to the backup camera image?
Mine currently looks smaller then back then? and colors seem dark and over saturated

Do you have custom firmware? I'm not sure if it actually affects resolution or brightness. I know with Serg's you are able to have over laid back up guide lines that you can modify and move with the steering wheel.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't imagine Sergey's firmware, if that's what we are talking about is going to do anything with the connection between sync and the unit.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The cameras definitely don't look as good through the tabled as they do on the 8" OEM screen, even with Sergey's firmware. It's not horrible though, at least not to me.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there any reason to connect the built in bluetooth in the phoenix vs the sync?

kgblvn

Reaction score
Any shops offering to do this install for customers around the west coast? Install/Setup type setup?

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in socal and do installs but something like this head unit is a bit of a pain only due to the constant updates needed. This might be best for you to do so you'll know how to update and work with the system. The install isn't very difficult if that was the concern.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he’s giving you good advice. And unless you are really looking to tinker with it... all the time... and have tech and some minor install skills... steer clear.... you’ll be very frustrated

if you’re able to install it yourself and are comfortable with electronics and Android... it is the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm in socal and do installs but something like this head unit is a bit of a pain only due to the constant updates needed. This might be best for you to do so you'll know how to update and work with the system. The install isn't very difficult if that was the concern.

Herkguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just orders Px6 Fastboot with android 9. Does anyone know the current shipping times? I wasn't able to talk them into taking my broke px3 in as a credit so had to pay full price (minus the st2020 coupon). Is the fergey firmware still the latest and greatest? Thanks guys, excited to upgrade.