Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me its been 100% consistent. Mine is the regular non fast boot etc from phoenix.. The only thing that remained was the muting of the radio when i advance a track sometimes.. not all times but sometimes.. Outside of that, booting, operation etc has been solid and consistent.
I think with mine the biggest inconsistency is what it does after boot. Sometimes it goes back where I had it last. Sometimes it plays the same station but stays on the home screen instead of going to console. And then if I launch console it changes to AM or FM. Sometimes it just boots to AM or FM. None of it’s a big deal. Once I get into it it works pretty reliably. Other than occasionally not switching audio from sync to the tablet. But usually switching to the music app or the browser fixes it.

kilthro

Reaction score
I think with mine the biggest inconsistency is what it does after boot. Sometimes it goes back where I had it last. Sometimes it plays the same station but stays on the home screen instead of going to console. And then if I launch console it changes to AM or FM. Sometimes it just boots to AM or FM. None of it’s a big deal. Once I get into it it works pretty reliably. Other than occasionally not switching audio from sync to the tablet. But usually switching to the music app or the browser fixes it.
That is a big diff from me. I never use console unless i need some truck system settings in there or the hotspot settings. I do streaming audio, external drive with mp3s etc so i never use the sync 3 system.. hate radio/commercials etc.. I will agree that if you do use console alot, the handoff between tablet and console can be problematic and inconsistent at times. If it wasnt for the remote app etc i would have removed sync3 day one.. hate that system.. its buggy as hell all by itself..

Gtibbot

Reaction score
That is a big diff from me. I never use console unless i need some truck system settings in there or the hotspot settings. I do streaming audio, external drive with mp3s etc so i never use the sync 3 system.. hate radio/commercials etc.. I will agree that if you do use console alot, the handoff between tablet and console can be problematic and inconsistent at times. If it wasnt for the remote app etc i would have removed sync3 day one.. hate that system.. its buggy as hell all by itself..

Totally agree! There is nothing that the Sync unit does that the PX6 unit can't do better. Like you, I don't listen to the radio, but for those that want to, download Tunein. Not all stations are on Tunein, but the great majority are, and the bonus is when you get out of the signal area you don't lose reception

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have dropbox link for

PX6 File -

MCU File -

last one i got from them was nov 19

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone loaded Gaia GPS on there PX6 yet? Curious on how it performs if it works on it.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wanted to pass on a tip I got for the FB page on these. Get anti-glare screen protector.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P79NJ9M/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

I tried the one below, cut it to size and applied. It's a close fit for the full width of the unit. Maybe something bigger/better out there, but I didn't see it and liked this price.

Pros:
- Anti-glare
- Anti-finger print (need more time to test this out)
- Protect from scratches (not a big concern on these, IMO, since they are stationary)
- Allows viewing with polarized sunglasses. (this was big for me, as I found it very annoying that I had to use non-polarized glasses only or not be able to see the screen)
- Not permanent. Easily removable if you don't like it.
- Cheap, and comes in pack of 3 if you mess up the first or second time.

Cons:
- Doesn't completely cover the width, and perhaps not as neat as some may hope.
- Covers up the reset and mic holes on the left side of the unit. Can be resolved by cutting out holes for this. I personally use the mic that came with the unit, so the mic is not an issue. I don't reset often these days, so perhaps not an issue.
- The screen is designed for mac books, so it does have a hole where the camera would be. Again, may bother some.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my PX6 up and running decently. I'm definetly looking into some sort of screen protector for it. The glare on the unit is pretty bad. Anyone have any issues with the gyro's not working? I've looked around some and people are saying that they just don't work period.

20200511_143524.jpg

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I upgraded to the fastboot 9.1 android

anyone have a fix yet for the track skip problem?

mine also hangs at times when going from reverse back to drive.... it’ll get stuck in the backup mode and requires a push button reset to correct. Had no issues with the last 8.1

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I wanted the new one, but nice think ill stuck with the issues I have.

Gonna order that screen protector, never couldb fnd one big enough