Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have seen that, its the same duration that the sync /ecu would remain on.. Usually no more than 10 min after key off.. I usually lock the doors after turning the key off to expedite that. If you are sitting in the truck, you can hear when it cyles off as the cluster and other item click/move as it powers off. Typically a few minutes is all that is needed.. Sometimes it longer sometimes shorter.. it has a mind of its own i feel like. I would be careful flashing all the time. You are asking for more severe problems to occur or even worse corruption/failure of the flash chip..

The issues I was having ween't going away over night, much less 10 minutes. Perhaps reboot or cycling off/on isn't the right terminology, but the glitches did not clear until I reapplied the MCU and/or SimpleCan updates.

I would agree thought that isn't something that I want to do on a regular basis. I wouldn't do it just to fix steering wheel controls for example, but the other issues I was having warranted the change.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I upgraded from the px3 to the px6, are you saying there is now a px6 fastboot I can upgrade to?

Is it better about going back to where I left off? Mine has a mind of it's own when I turn on the ignition, no idea what I'll get. Usually tho, have to touch the console icon or nothing

I don't have a fastboot and don't know that one exist. My unit also is not terribly predictable as to what state it will be in when I turn on the ignition. For the most part, I have about 5 minutes, but I have seen it be much longer than that to preserve exactly where I was.

That said, I got the Russian upgrade on mine, which will automatically open the last music app I was using when it boots up, so it doesn't matter nearly as much. For the most part, I use Amazon music. So where as I used to have wait to boot up, then manually turn on Amazon music and wait, then select the music I want...I know just wait till Amazon comes up and select my music. Since it's got Alexa, I don't even have to press a button really.

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may go the Russia route eventually.

Has anyone upgraded to 3.4?

Any issues doing so? Dont wanna make it worse

amp

Reaction score
So, I upgraded from the px3 to the px6, are you saying there is now a px6 fastboot I can upgrade to?

Is it better about going back to where I left off? Mine has a mind of it's own when I turn on the ignition, no idea what I'll get. Usually tho, have to touch the console icon or nothing

Yeah, there is a PX6 Fastboot for our F150's, but the only benefit I would say is that the tablet is already on when you turn on the ignition. I previously had the PX6 standard, and was having issues with a slow booting tablet (which seemed to be dependent on the temperature of the unit). The fastboot fixed that issue, but unfortunately I now have issues with steering wheel NEXT TRACK controls - didn't have them before. There are some other minor issues, such as not being able to connect a PC to use adb commands to minimize the top and bottom bars.

I might go the russian firmware route, but I'm compiling a list of issues to discuss with him before I commit.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, there is a PX6 Fastboot for our F150's, but the only benefit I would say is that the tablet is already on when you turn on the ignition. I previously had the PX6 standard, and was having issues with a slow booting tablet (which seemed to be dependent on the temperature of the unit). The fastboot fixed that issue, but unfortunately I now have issues with steering wheel NEXT TRACK controls - didn't have them before. There are some other minor issues, such as not being able to connect a PC to use adb commands to minimize the top and bottom bars.

I might go the russian firmware route, but I'm compiling a list of issues to discuss with him before I commit.

He spent about an hour or so troubleshooting my issues, and never once asked me to buy his firmware before continuing. He'll ask for screenshots of your settings and give you some recommendations based on what he knows and what he's seen on other F-150s, Raptors. He just put out an boot animation for f-150 (the Ford Tough animation) As for the next track controls, as I stated before, I think that will be fixed with an MCU/Simple Can update, as that will force a reboot of sorts. As also stated before, I would do this on a frequent basis.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sergey’s firmware is dope. Just need to figure out why audio refuses to switch to the tablet with it.

not sure why it uploaded at potato resolution[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

kilthro

Reaction score
Sergey’s firmware is dope. Just need to figure out why audio refuses to switch to the tablet with it.

not sure why it uploaded at potato resolution
use the music player to play an mp3 off usb drive and it should swap over.. i do that when it gets stuck on console and it works 100% of the time for me

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use the music player to play an mp3 off usb drive and it should swap over.. i do that when it gets stuck on console and it works 100% of the time for me
I usually do that. Switching to music or the browser would switch it. But for some reason it wasn't kicking it over. Then this afternoon it started working after switching to the browser ¯\_(ツ)_/¯