Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These things remind me of when android tablets had just come out and people were rooting them to unlock all kinds of cool features, except you were constantly fighting little flaws and usability issues that ended up ruining the experience. Not for me, but I admire all the crowdsourced fixes.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the 360 camera work normal on the PX6?

It is a supportted feature, yes. However, one of the potential bugs is that the console screen is flickering, making the cameras less useful. For me currently, the cameras do not come on when they should, unless the android is currently booting...and it's still flickering.

I had a ticket logged for this, for over a month, and I finally got a response, so maybe I'll have my issues fixed. They provided a PX6 and MCU update, but I'm not sure if this is the same updates I've already done. No xml files was provided. They are sending me a new decoder box, so that's something.

As someone who's done IT support work for much of my life, I find they're level of support to be downright embarrassing. Not only are they a month behind, but they are closing tickets before even confirming whether the issue has actually been resolved.

I am really enjoying the tablet though, despite all the bugs. If I were chosing to do it all over again, I'm not 100% sure that I would. I am somewhat hoping that they come out with a PX9 next summer. Faster processor would be nice, but mostly I want to see a higher android version that's significantly more bug free.

Foraye

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These things remind me of when android tablets had just come out and people were rooting them to unlock all kinds of cool features, except you were constantly fighting little flaws and usability issues that ended up ruining the experience. Not for me, but I admire all the crowdsourced fixes.

After having some fun with several generations of Android and Rooting...I moved to an iPhone (no jailbreak) and haven't looked back. Sometimes Open Source can be too "Open"!

Gtibbot

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with Google services on the tablet?

-Mail won't sync on newest Gmail versio
-Contacts from account won't sync with contacts app
-Cant uninstall the Gmail app to start over.
-"ok google" will not make calls

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I would try uninstalling Google Play Services and reinstalling.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just updated my unit. PX6.zip, simplecan and MCU. Everything seemed to have gone well except I had to manually reboot after the PX6 update. However now it’s not passing the Sync system through to the tablet. It’s just black where sync should be. I still have audio and I can still change stations and volume. I’m just not getting the screen. After I had to hard reboot it, it seemed to be booting fine, but then rebooted again and said “reboot to safe mode.” Now it says that every time. Also, the climate controls are stuck on Celsius, and the tablet isn’t turning off when the truck is off and I open the door. I used the latest updates from 12-23 for auto climate trucks. I’m kind of worried to leave it in case it doesn’t shut off and runs my battery down. Any help would be appreciated.

14CF654B-3D6F-4435-96A4-B8A6ED5A8BD5.jpegB9828FD0-17C1-4DD0-939D-D168B6A18A57.jpegB52F1426-839D-4563-8A0C-BDDDD6F3CC7D.jpegFD25378C-F62A-453D-849C-141A8FCF2667.jpeg

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed after I posted that there’s no MCU version showing. Did that for a 3rd time and it’s all good. FFS.