Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SalGV

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum!!
I have been following this topic closely for several weeks.. thanks for all the info.. btw...really helped allot with the installation.

Need help on several topics.

1. I have been unsuccessful in setting up the wireless dongle with my PX-6.. it keeps trying to connect but fails, anybody with experience in this matter?.

2. I’m trying to use a iPhone X as a hotspot but I have been struggling allot with the connection, did a bit of research online and Apple and Android do not mix that good apparently, anybody experiencing the same issues??

3. I’m using nova launcher, antibody using any good themes you might recommend.

4. anybody has any info on what exactly all the setup menu options do.. some of them I just can’t guess what they do??

Cheers!!

2019 F150 Platinum with B&O Sound System..

souporshawn

Reaction score
Nova Launcher is one of the 3rd party launchers that can be found on the play store.

http://novalauncher.com/

Link will direct you to Play Store download. Once installed you will need to setup Nova laucher, basically drag apps, widgets from your app drawer to you home screen. The are tons of YouTube videos on customizing Nova.”

Apologies, I am new to the forum, but, if I understand correctly..? I see your solutions (so far in this Forum) for your PX6’s voice command dilemma, is to bypass the Application “TXZ Speech” by uninstalling the app & using another assistant app in it’s it’s place..?

‘I am not sure how much users have messed with this “TXZ Speech” app; or, what would appear differently than the Screenshots I will post (From MY “TXZ Speech” App FROM MY EXPLORER)?

But I have made it into the commands that this application will address via voice extends to vehicular inputs, such as the AC Board functionality of OEM AC BOARD that was swapped to YOUR PX6 at installation... (My guess, I am not a programmer)

As a quadriplegic driver, I am just too stubborn to give up on the “TXZ Speech” app; and, I’m curious to know if ANY LAUNCHER Apps allow VOICE CONTROL of such actions listed in my attached pictures?

Is there a way to pair my vehicle-specific commands to those listed in ANYONE’S TXZ Speech application coupled with “Tesla-Style Android Radio’s existing applications?

I would appreciate any time you or others on this form might devote explaining it to me..?

D7EB719B-AAD9-4909-ACAB-F90ECDADDE2D.jpeg

46D2737D-9FBA-44D6-9A4D-C73C3176198D.jpeg

80B9E686-4434-4016-BF87-A2688AEA108A.jpeg

661203AA-BE91-4C62-884E-CCF1B8BBE140.jpeg

BDF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far with update, only issue I've had was backup cam froze 1 time, otherwise doing pretty well.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went ahead and did the PX6 update and it didn't turn out so well. My big mistake is that I didn't do it with the Raptor config xml file. Once I applied that, most was back to normal Applying that update is basically like reinstalling, so I lost whatever custom settings I had and all my apps. I've most restored it all, but it took hours to do so.

The issue I was primarily having was that the console screen was completely unreliable. The screen would flicker most of the time and would not allow touch screen. The cameras worked, but flickering screen made it practically unusable.

Since the upgrade, the console is less relialble. Screen is still flickering and the camera doesn't come on at all, unless I put it in reverse before backup. I think this is do to configuration settings. The settings in question that seem to matter are under System Information (pass 7890), and these are my settings...

Use 8836 interface: On
8835 Console YUV parameter: 0 (I tried all settings and they all seem to effect the console in different ways)
Encoder: Off

For the Install set (pass 666888)...
Reversing Video format: VGA-YUV signal

Not sure what else is related.

On a positive note, I do like the changes to the interface, allowing more control over the top menu bar.

On a negative note, I don't seem to have bluetooth. I didn't have it before upgrade either. I think this is because of the System Information setting Bluetooth Module? It seems like it's determining which hardware I have, but there are many choices and I have no idea what I have.

Other issues are there, but very minor. The console is the issue I absolutely need to fix.

abearsfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you use the steering wheel buttons yet? Sorry if this question has already been answered but its a looonnggg thread!
ONLY THE VOLUME WORKS FOR ME, IF i USE THE LEFT OR RIGHT ARROWS, IT CHANGES THE RADIO STATION TO THE NEXT/PREVIOUS PRESET.

Gtibbot

Reaction score
I went ahead and did the PX6 update and it didn't turn out so well. My big mistake is that I didn't do it with the Raptor config xml file. Once I applied that, most was back to normal Applying that update is basically like reinstalling, so I lost whatever custom settings I had and all my apps. I've most restored it all, but it took hours to do so.

The issue I was primarily having was that the console screen was completely unreliable. The screen would flicker most of the time and would not allow touch screen. The cameras worked, but flickering screen made it practically unusable.

Since the upgrade, the console is less relialble. Screen is still flickering and the camera doesn't come on at all, unless I put it in reverse before backup. I think this is do to configuration settings. The settings in question that seem to matter are under System Information (pass 7890), and these are my settings...

Use 8836 interface: On
8835 Console YUV parameter: 0 (I tried all settings and they all seem to effect the console in different ways)
Encoder: Off

For the Install set (pass 666888)...
Reversing Video format: VGA-YUV signal

Not sure what else is related.

On a positive note, I do like the changes to the interface, allowing more control over the top menu bar.

On a negative note, I don't seem to have bluetooth. I didn't have it before upgrade either. I think this is because of the System Information setting Bluetooth Module? It seems like it's determining which hardware I have, but there are many choices and I have no idea what I have.

Other issues are there, but very minor. The console is the issue I absolutely need to fix.

Below is a Facebook Post from Phoenix:

LIMITED-TIME OFFER! We are taking $120 off in addition to the BFCM deal we are offering right now for our new version 10.4 inch PX6 Six-core Android 8.1 vertical screen head units for 2015 to 2019 Mustang. Previously, these units had design issue causing the screen to fail after short use. We have redesigned the electronics, and it's proven to have fixed the issue. Moreover, we have released a new version audio decoder box for Mustang, F-series, and soon-to-be-released Focus, Explorer and Fusion units retaining OEM SYNC to improve sound quality. Anyone with a paid units of such kinds from us can request one new version audio decoder box for free.

I wonder if you are experiencing the above "screen to fail" issue.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Below is a Facebook Post from Phoenix:

LIMITED-TIME OFFER! We are taking $120 off in addition to the BFCM deal we are offering right now for our new version 10.4 inch PX6 Six-core Android 8.1 vertical screen head units for 2015 to 2019 Mustang. Previously, these units had design issue causing the screen to fail after short use. We have redesigned the electronics, and it's proven to have fixed the issue. Moreover, we have released a new version audio decoder box for Mustang, F-series, and soon-to-be-released Focus, Explorer and Fusion units retaining OEM SYNC to improve sound quality. Anyone with a paid units of such kinds from us can request one new version audio decoder box for free.

I wonder if you are experiencing the above "screen to fail" issue.

Screen failure sounds like a Mustang issue. The new audio decoder box sounds like a good idea, although adjusting gain has improved my sound.

I really feel like there is a setting I'm missing. Was kind of hoping that someone with a Raptor sync 3 could share some of their settings to see if I'm missing something.

Gtibbot

Reaction score
Screen failure sounds like a Mustang issue. The new audio decoder box sounds like a good idea, although adjusting gain has improved my sound.

I really feel like there is a setting I'm missing. Was kind of hoping that someone with a Raptor sync 3 could share some of their settings to see if I'm missing something.

I created a help ticket on the Phoenix site asking about the new decoder box and they replied that I'm on the list for a new one. My unit is working pretty good, no real complaints, but if the weather is nice enough when it arrives I will install and report back.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I created a help ticket on the Phoenix site asking about the new decoder box and they replied that I'm on the list for a new one. My unit is working pretty good, no real complaints, but if the weather is nice enough when it arrives I will install and report back.

It's free so it's at least worth trying. I need to create a ticket for that and for my camera issue. I've discovered that the camera will come on when I reverse before boot is complete. After bootup, it wlll not. The screen won't change at all. However, the screen is locked out from touching until I go back into drive (or cycle through pressing the rear camera button at the top). It's as though part of the system is aware that camera should be showing, but another part doesn't. That's part of the reason I feel it's a configuration. I suppose the other part is that I've applied all the patches I'm aware of.

I suppose it could be a loose connection too, but that wouldn't explain why it worked (kinda) before I applied the PX6.zip patch.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vetted the can bUs decoder boxes. Ultimately you’re going to find the new box will have slightly more noise, think vinyl and a turn table subtlety but much improved sound