Phoenix Android Radio 4th Gen PX6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snakebitten

Reaction score
I believe the Nav issues were discovered to be related to the Sync3 module being installed upside down. Once it was corrected, the GPS related applications were sorted!

This is all documented folks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People with 802a pkg, did you guys go with (For OEM w/ 4 inch screen w/SYNC3) or (For w/SYNC3). Stock screens on the 802a are like 8" right?

BHook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this. That also does a good job of showing how 'clean' the installation looks. It could easily be mistaken for stock if you didn't know any better.

I see why the move is necessary, but not totally crazy about the relocation since you won't be able to see the buttons anymore. It's only 4, and I'm sure it won't be a big issue. I do use the camera button a lot. I think I would have preferred if they had made the plastic casing (whatever it's called) and kept the buttons still facing the front. Then again, it wouldn't be relatively flush to the dash and perhaps didn't look right.

One upside to the buttons is that you can re-arrange them to put the ones you use the most closer to the driver. That's what I did. Hazard/camera button closest, then Auto Start/Stop on/off, then Traction control/??.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One upside to the buttons is that you can re-arrange them to put the ones you use the most closer to the driver. That's what I did. Hazard/camera button closest, then Auto Start/Stop on/off, then Traction control/??.

That's a really good point. Although you could surely rearrange the buttons without installing this radio. Certainly worth doing while you're in there with the radio anyway.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts about doing the install yourself vs taking it to a local shop?

I find myself taking a rather odd position on this. My experience with this sort of thing is almost none. I've replaced a head unit or two in my younger days, so feel fairly comfortable with it, especially considering the videos available.

I also want to upgrade the audio system though, and am heavily leaning towards getting a shop to do it. Maybe I'll pickup enough knowledge in my research to feel comfortable, but I'm not there now.

So does it makes sense to have a shop doing the audio and this tablet all that same time? Although I'd pick a shop that knows what they're doing, this is a one of a kind type of install where experience won't matter as much, correct? I don't want to end up with someone doing it wrong because they are on a time crunch or something. Am I reading too much into this?

Also, if the audio and tablet aren't done at the same time, seems it would make more sense to do the audio first, so that the installer doesn't have to learn the tablet in any way.

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would prob. install it myself, but i do have the option of having the audio shop bc they are gonna do a 2nd tune for my system and its just saves me time to do it myself .. what it really comes down to is if i have free time or not

i also bought some electrical glue to help avoid metal on metal and blowing fuse.. so ill def do that before i install the unit.. and wait for the longer cable

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My issue was the gps did not track when selecting the native nav screen, the map orientation was correct and the ford sync showed all the satellites, but the map didn’t move, it was simply fixed at my home location. What I’m wondering ..... is does this longer cable fix the native gps being able to operate correctly.

ROBERT F HAVENS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My issue was the gps did not track when selecting the native nav screen, the map orientation was correct and the ford sync showed all the satellites, but the map didn’t move, it was simply fixed at my home location. What I’m wondering ..... is does this longer cable fix the native gps being able to operate correctly.
rsbug,
On my way to work I ran the native Sync3 nav half the way to work and it worked just fine. Before it was sort of upside down in that it thought I was going south when I was headed north. I then launched Waze and it of course was fine and so was google maps (that includes waze and google maps running in android auto and natively on the tablet.

As I drive home tonight I will again test more to make sure I have consistency with all of them.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rsbug,
On my way to work I ran the native Sync3 nav half the way to work and it worked just fine. Before it was sort of upside down in that it thought I was going south when I was headed north. I then launched Waze and it of course was fine and so was google maps (that includes waze and google maps running in android auto and natively on the tablet.

As I drive home tonight I will again test more to make sure I have consistency with all of them.

Thanks for the update on that portion.
….when 1st booting up, do the internal temps display degrees Celsius initially, then when you move the temp knob display Fahrenheit? or did the fix that's well